No Tags Found!

manikyalarao

Hi friends,
Thank U all for Ur valuable views on Shake hand me too having the same opinion of shking the hand with MD after interview is a best one to know the firmness of the dignified persons by that we can learn.
Regards,

From India, Hyderabad
boss2966

While doing shake hands, we can judge the opponents opinion. If he holds our hand firmly means surely he is having confident on us. If he slips while holding our hand means he is not interested in us. There are some psychological feeling also is being conveyed to opponent about our confidence level
With warm regards
S. Bhaskar

From India, Kumbakonam
smbhappy

One should avoid a hand shake with anyone. It is always better as it helps prevent spread the infection ;D
From India, Chandigarh
Vasant Nair

Certainly YES. At the end of the interview, you could shake hands with the interviewer even if he is the MD of the Co. Vasant Nair
From India, Mumbai
jijokj

Chris, Thank you very much for the mischieveous reply... My answer was specific to Indian context... its my mistake that I didn’t mention in my post K J Jijo
From Oman, Muscat
smbhappy

Well it depends, If you take it seriously, it is a serious matter. Jokingly, you may laugh it off.
From India, Chandigarh
John_brown
I agree we should handshake once interview is done. This is the also a good sign of showing professionalism
From India, Mumbai
hprasad61

Dear all,
There's a lot of merit in what members like Propellant and Jijo say. But it's important to consider the matter in totality. Did he proffer a a hand in the initial stage? If so, then it's ok to shake hands at the end of the interview. But be smart enough to assess his/her attitude before offering your hand! Indian MDs, especially the older ones, tend to be conservative. So watch your step before your hand!
Rgds
H Prashad
Sr Training Consultant

From India, Delhi
smbhappy

Yes I agree with you. Our MDs and CEOs are so egoist, self-aggrandizer, narcissist that they consider it below their dignity to shake hand with an interviewer. Please beware, lest you are considered a stupid fellow and you may be ticked of from consideration.
From India, Chandigarh
PROPELLANT

Dear All

Our defence forces/training centers are known for their royalty and culture and they usually follows British culture.

There are great teachings on such things which are very much contradictory to our corporate culture and habits. You have in RIMC,NDA,OTA,IMA etc subjects like ESW(English and service writings), E&M (Etiqquites and Manners), Pagdi parade, dining In etc and some teachings here will look very funny to us... like extending hand for handshake to a senior even casually? or saying goodnight to your senior as its always the privilege of the senior to call it a day else at midnight also you ll say him good evening only? if a group come across a senior then only a representative(naturally senior among them) will wish him, representing all!! you dont normally ask for the change back if a junior had been to shopping for you or even has brought something from canteen for you..table manners and dress drills are famous and many more such things which brings common code of conduct in their personal life as well with unmatched standards.

why i ve snapshot this as elsewise there always remains different opinions as we are witnessing for this query..

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.