CHR

Hi Simhan,
I agree, the want for being thanked is an ego booster - something I wanted to avoid completely in this community. But it's difficult to avoid the basic human need of being recognized or looking for that feeling of acceptance.
Although it's probably wrong to base your "will" to share knowledge for recognition, perhaps that is how it works for the majority of the population. This probably happens more in a community, where people come in looking for acceptance. That was the only reason I gave into this request. We'll see how this pans out.
As a start I will like your post. :)
Regards,
Sid

From India, Gurgaon
CHR

Okay we are rewording the "like" feature - seems people are mistaking it for Facebook likes. We have seen that, people generally do not like "liking/sharing" community discussions. Discussions are rarely viral content.
We are now calling it "Appreciate And Validate" - this will help us also identify correct content in the community. Validation of answers is often an issue with members - so this will hopefully "kill two birds with one stone."
Regards,
Sid

From India, Gurgaon
nashbramhall

I think a note in blue to that effect (That is, "Please use the Appreciate and Validate facility and avoid posting Thank you's .....") should be included in the posting guidelines or above the posting box.
From United Kingdom
rawat.aparna

Hi all We can have a click of LIKE.... I too agree with the follow of LIKE button and moreover it will motivate the one to post as much he / she has. Take care Aparna
From India, Delhi
boss2966

Dear Mr. Roy It is great to see such innovative idea, which will really motivate our members. Thank you Mr. AVS for initiating such thread which made our administrator to create innovative idea.
From India, Kumbakonam
avsjai

Hi Bhaskar The effort taken by Mr Ray is much bigger than mine.Let us see our members follow this. Regards AVS
From India, Madras
boss2966

Yes, I do agree with you Mr. AVS. Our Administrator is doing excellent job and it deserves real appreciations. The Administrator and the Moderators are listening and responding to all the querries and wherever it is required they are attending. But in other social networks we even never know about the administrator or any moderator and it is not easy to interact with them.
Self also join you in conveying Lots of Thanks to Mr. Roy.

From India, Kumbakonam
CHR

Thanks Bhaskar/AVS,
This was an easy fix in terms of enabling a feature - but more an adjustment to the way of thinking. I didn't want this to be about points and scores, but I disqualified a very basic human need of getting acknowledged by the people in the community. This simple feature will help in that direction. Our goal here is to help people improve and learn and anything legible that helps us move towards that goal is important.
Regards,
Sid

From India, Gurgaon
avsjai

Happy morning CHR.
While agreeing with your sentiments expressed we admire your humility.
This thread reminds me a quote:
A humble man will always receive the best that others have to offer; for he recognizes the truth
― Jeremy Aldana
God bless you.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.