No Tags Found!

atulya_g
I feel HR is a Strategic Business Partner. Try to understand the business and see how HR Supports it.
HR comprises many core work processes and each has a different relevance with regard to the Business you support.
Example : HR Manager support to the Plant is completely different from HR Support to Sales Team. You may choose to be a functional expert in any one area on core work process like Recruiting, Training etc.
Try working in different businesses like Plant HR , Sales, Functional expertise support in HR and you would really appreciate the learning.

From India, Lucknow
magictouch
Shiva,
I don't think HR is boring at all, i also agree it is monotoneus when u start initially;but its all how u manage your self expectation.If you think of bigger picture and imbibe values your company expects from HR you 'll never feel like that.
If you feel boring either you need a change in Job or you are looking at greener pasture from other field which will sound boring to you after sometime as well.
Thanks

rashmi2b@gmail.com

Hey Shiva,
I understand intially HR is interesting but later its boring...
M too xperiance the same:-)..Its jus that each day finding something new..M sure our team members have been very helpful in suggesting n discussing with all their positiv suggestions,
In short period of 3 years,you have learnt a lot,slmost A to Zee of HR..very innovative this is..Jus keep practising the same attitude..n try ur best of not getting bored..U are an asset of this cite Shiv..Your suggestions,thots,threads are incredible.
Also, most important thing, thnks for raising this topic,as one need to see the positiv as well as negativ part of any profession..And we all have liberty to discuss on that..As we are here not only to ask solutions but also to express our profession sometimes..wich we all need to accept as this is also a part of HR activitiy..So, I appreciate and welcome this thread Shiv..Do keep in loop..
Cheers
Rashmi Bhalerao
''There is alwaz little darkness before the dawn''

From India, Mumbai
dalipbisht
Agree with Ash. It will really helpful to the people who are just starting their career.
I would suggest Think positive, accept challenges & help others, it will make you happy and you'll never get bored from your job.
Always think that you are an important part of the organisation and nobody has such skills that you have, to handle this position.
Still you feel things are getting bored, go for holiday, spend some time with your family.
Collect information whatever you can, Analysis them. You'll definitely get some new Ideas.
On completion your holidays, discuss your ideas with your collegues. If the idea helps your organisation, try and implement. If you get the sucess you'll feel proud.

From India, Delhi
Debashish

Shiva your question might have many different answers…without reading all I would like to mention about the famous quote – “Winners don’t do different things – they do things differently”!!!
If you look at Human life – we do the same things everyday day…from morning to night!!! But we live our life…we don’t want to leave this earth without accomplishing our goals.
Set your Goals and achieve it…HR talks about this philosophy – will you agree???

Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pps Attitude 100%.pps (173.5 KB, 129 views)
File Type: doc STAGES_in_career_development.doc (35.0 KB, 103 views)
File Type: ppt QUANTIFYING HR JOB ROLE.ppt (255.0 KB, 169 views)

shakilbiman
I do not think that HR is boring. Rather I do believe that HR is most interesting and challenging job as it works directly with people of the company. We should remember that Employees are our first customer, if our employees are happy then they make customers of the company happy and customers will keep coming back then shareholders will be happy with the rise in profit.
Thanks
Shakil

From Bangladesh, Dhaka
arunbiji

Dear All,
I have around 13 years of experience in HR. I never found this profession / function boring --as I found that in the organisation you are far more privileaged than any other function as even the Head of the institution may seek the assitance of an HR memeber, employees comes to you only for solace & advice --finally I think HR has developed far more than any other function & that's why even if you have the best of HR softwares around you need persons in HR to drive the whole process So lets cheer up , share your knowledge & develop a instinct to excel in what ever you do

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
kkanirudhan

Dear Shiv
I have never felt HR boring. If you have a passion to do HR functions you can make it more interesting. Find out innovative approaches. Find out and read D M Silvera's books on HR Expereinces in India for innovative practices.
K K Anirudhan

From India, Kochi
kkanirudhan

Dear Shiva
If you really want to enjoy HR functions go beyond the boundaries of Rules and regulations and try to implement some of the innovative practices given in the attachment.
Encouragingly yours
K K Anirudhan

From India, Kochi
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc Thank God itis Monday(news HR).doc (77.0 KB, 115 views)

sayali hasilkar

if you will do the work for the people who need your assistant :icon1:then u automatically u feel to do a better dont think as it a boring if u say it as a boring it will create ur mind boring, hr manager has to think of his employees satisfaction, u know this is a secret of mine, me too fcing the same problem :icon7:but i work for them , who is the supporter of them ,just change the perception of urs
aabhi to u hv a exp of 3 years u hv to spent so many years
then take a holiday for 7 or 8 days take arest refresh urself bye
let me know what happen
ok :-x:confused:
bye
REgards
Sayali S.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.