No Tags Found!

katyayani

Hi,
As ur's is an BPO. Naturally there will be a team leader. Scatter the work regarding leave(s) taken by the team mates to all the team heads. As it isa BPO hope it will be a 5 day week.
Ask the team leader to give the data on the LWD of the week. It is also one way.
Best methods are barcode system, time punching at security, last but not the least is leave cards.
Hope ur problem get resolved.
Regards,
Katyayani

From India, Hyderabad
nithya_vishi
Greetings !

This is Nithya Viswanathan - MBA(HR) fresher , currently working with Microsense Private Limited,Chennai as an Assistant Manager-HR.

I' am currently in the process of implementing HR policies and have proposed the following Leave Policy:

(a)The following leave will be admissible to all employees, who have completed one year of continuous service and have been confirmed.

Casual Leave (10) Priviledge Leave (12)

(b)A probationer will be entitled to avail himself of 12 days P.L. only after completion of one year's probation. Casual Leave of 10 days can be availed on confirmation only.

I require guidance on :

(1) The method of crediting leave entitlement for an employee as we do not have an online record for maintaining leaves. We do maintain an attendance register but again to track the number of leaves taken by an employee from his date of joining and to credit the balance number of leaves in the subsequent year for example from 2001 is a tedidious task . Please help ! :(

2) Leave encashment procedures.

Looking forward for your response at the earliest

Thanks and Regards,

Nithya

nithya_vishi
Ours is not a bpo and we work 6 days a week.
Kindly, provide me a suitable solution for creditting leave as I have no idea. We doi not have a software from where I can extract the data.
Kindly, help
Thanks,
Nithya

manoj_aug9

Hi Jyoti,
From what I understand since attaining facilities for monitoring leave policy would a major matter of concern of costs for the company, the following method can be used here. It's simple but not foolproof.
First of all mail all employees and their superiors that no leave would be authorised without a leave form or an e-mail to the HR without the superiors' approval. If the employee takes leave without any of these it's up to him/her to battle it out with his/her superior.
Maintain an excel sheet with different columns on the leave quota for each column. example column 1: CLs, Column 2: SLs, Column 3: C.Offs, Column 4: PLs etc. Maintain a separate set of columns for LEAVES AVAILED. now in the third set of columns, LEAVE BALANCE you can set a formula for each column where the input in the Leaves availed column gives an output in the Leave Balance column.
This way no investment is required in software for leave monitoring.
Hope it works fine with you.
Manoj

From India, Bangalore
Madan Singh

Hi, Arpita,

I am also working as Sr.Officer - P&A in Noida. I am sending herewith the Leave Policy of my Company. May be it is useful to you.

Thanks

Madan Singh

LEAVE POLICY

LEAVE RULES W.E.F. JANUARY 01, 2000:

All permanent employees except Managers are eligible for the following categories of leave :-

1. Earned Leave

2. Casual Leave

3. Maternity Leave (Female employees)

EARNED LEAVE

21 days in a calendar year. It can be accumulated upto a maximum of 30 days. Shall not be availed more than thrice in a year. Minimum Earned Leave to be taken is 3 days.

Earned Leave can be encashed at the time of full & final settlement. Mid year joinees are entitled to pro-rata leave. More than 30 days earned leave will lapse.

CASUAL LEAVE

12 days in a calendar year. Leave not availed of during a calendar year will lapse at the end of the year. Casual Leave taken at any time should not exceed three consecutive days. It can’t be taken in conjunction with any other type of leave. Casual leave can not be encashed. Employee joining during the year are eligible for pro-rata casual leave.

MATERNITY LEAVE

Maternity leave is granted to female employees so that they can avail pre & post natal care during pregnancy and confinement.

Page 01

Page 02

Eligibility :

Permanent employees who have completed atleast 1 year of service with the company are eligible for maternity leave. Maximum maternity leave period on any one occasion is 12 weeks (with full pay) i.e. 6 weeks upto and including the date of delivery and 6 weeks immediately following that day. Maternity leave may be combined with EL or CL. Such a request should be supported by a Medical Certificate. Employees covered under ESI will avail all benefits from ESI on their individual cards issued to them and employees covered under Mediclaim Insurance Policy can claim medical benefits covered under the policy.

A maximum of 3 occasions of maternity leave are allowed during the entire period of service.

LATE ARRIVAL

Office timings are 9 A.M. to 6 P.M. Everyone should punch their Identity Card and sign the attendance register. Upto 9:10 A.M. is the relaxation period. If anyone arrives after 9:10 A.M. then it will be converted into half-day CL, accordingly Manager – Admn.&HR will issue a memo to the individual. For marking attendence policy laid down vide circular dated November 23 1998 will be followed in letter and spirit (copy attached).

LEAVE PLAN

All heads of the Department are requested to plan leave of their personnel and one copy be given to the Personnel Department. For availing leave, all employees will apply on leave application form prior to proceeding on leave to respective heads of departments, who will sanction the leave and forward application to admn. & HR department.

GENERAL

Holidays falling at the beginning, middle and end of the period of leave are not counted as leave.

FOR MANAGERS AND ABOVE

All Managers of present MM2 level and above can avail Earned Leave upto 30 days in calendar year with prior approval of MD. Maximum accumulation upto 30 days is permissible which can be encashed at the time of full and final settlement. Casual Leave of 12 days can also be availed as applicable to other employees. "

From India, Delhi
sreekumar.j

Hi Jyoti,
Maintaining leave and attendance of 600+ people that too of multiple shifts is a highly laborious task and I would say the corporate decision - not to go for automation is quite unfortunate...because you are going to waste time for non core processes which will not add any value to your line of business.
Anybody can maintain such data in xls or access but maintenance of data for 600 people is not easy...i would say it is risky.
But when you go for a good HRIS, the ROI-return on investment would be 1-2 times more than the resources wastage for non core processes.
If you are interested, please send me a mail with average employee salary, manager salary and leave approval process flow. I can tell you the ROI , if you go for automation by investing 2.5 lakhs (eg:-)
Feel free to send your queries to
best of luck

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.