No Tags Found!

Tarun D
Can an employee claim for gratuity after leaving 2 years of service if it is given as a part of CTC as per the terms & conditions of the appointment letter?
From India, Jaipur
maulik dave

@Tarun D

The Word CTC means "Cost to Company". While appointing anyone in the organization we assume that he will stay in the organization for longer period. That's why we show the Gratuity part as a part of CTC. & I believe you are not deducting it from his monthly Gross Salary.

So, Company is liable to pay Gratuity payment only after completion of Continuous services of 5 Years.

Hence, the employee can not claim his Gratuity after 2 years services.

NOTE: I don't have your terms & condition of appointment letter. Otherwise I could have elaborated more.

Hope this will help on your query.

From India, Ahmedabad
Tarun D
What in case it it shown as part of Fixed Cost to Company in Appointment letter ?
From India, Jaipur
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

The gratuity component in CTC doesn't mean, it is your contribution or any deductions from the wages. The gratuity becomes payble only completion of five continuous years of service but not less than the eligible years.
Your service period is too less to get gratuity.

From India, Mumbai
maulik dave

@Tarun D I Second Mr. PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY for your Second query in the thread. Hope this is clear. Do write to us for more information.....
From India, Ahmedabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.