piyapari
Hello Sir,
I read your story it was really a very surprising and wonderful. As i am also Mba passout with hr. and searching a job in same will you please guide me a way. How I can search? How I can get more knowledge about hr?

From India, Calcutta
amolkale128

If u dont mind start your own consultancy from your home itself. slowly you can gain a different kind of experience. Finance can be arrange from banks if you show u r desire. Amol Kale Nagpur
From India, Nagpur
adityanayyar
Hi Gopal,

You have got a lot of compliments and sympathy in the comments above.

Forgive me for the lack of empathy but I feel you need to take a good look at yourselves first before blaming the entire world for you misfortunes. Do you really think that every other person around you is out to get you? I mean, from your earlier boss to the receptionist and others that you have mentioned, have just one purpose in life? to destroy your career? Get a reality check Gopal...

I too began my career selling photocopiers by cold calling. You have no idea how we were treated in those days....but thats life. We were given a fixed pay of 800/- per month and commission on sales. A good month would give us anywhere between 1200-1800, and other months just about a 1000/-.

You can either live and win with your head held high or you can whine and cry forever....the choice my friend, is always yours.

Take the example of that receptionist who allegedly was receiving kickbacks from vendours...you could have handled the situation a lot differently and still stopped the unfair practice but I guess, you decided to be a hero and tried to take things into your hand & ended up without a job...think, why did your boss not come to your aid? anyway, its pointless talking about the past now. I just wanted you to introspect honestly without indulging in self pity, which is what you seem to be doing right now.

I agree with Jhuma and Sara above, speak with your boss and express your desire to get involved in HR activities. Volunteer to take additional responsibilities and be sure to carry them well. It'll not only give you a very good standing with the management and specifically your boss but also help you get involved in the area of work which you are passionate about.

Do not hop jobs anymore, it'll not lead you anywhere in the long run. The need of the hour for you right now is to stick to your current job and transition to an HR profile internally by showing your competency in that field through additional responsibilities.

All the best for all your future endeavors...remember,

"if you keep doing what you've always done, you'll keep getting what you've always got; to get more, you need to do more" !!!

Regards

Aditya

From India, Delhi
gopal.krishna151
Dear Aditya,
Thanks for your empathy....I personally take it in very positive way. For your info. I am now 37 yrs...matured enough to understand the things. I had worked with very senior people and big organisations I personally know, how to deal with the circumstances. In the episode of the receptionist......it was an allegation ....which was not proved by anyone. And it was my decision to resign....because I was not willing to work with such people and dont wanted to continue with such a management. If I had resigned means , I had the guts to find a job for myself....may be in the worst conditions ....it will take some time.
Thanks,
gopal

From India, Hyderabad
mosmi.sheth
Hi!!
i guess you should have fought back at the earlier organisation courageously than leaving...
anyways but learn a lesson that be strong and courageous when you are right,true and honest...
good luck for life!!!!!
regards,
Moushmi

From India, Mumbai
M.Peer Mohamed Sardhar

1) On What Basis, You Term this a True Story

2) You have accepted 13 Companies in 11 Years, Shows you are impatient, and Not Career Oriented.

3) If you really stayed there, you would have definitely come to a good Position now

4) You have Got a Good job as Head HR,(Surprised on what basis they have decided to offer you as Head HR, after knowing your background), You did not work towards consistency

5) You know that it is a Muslim Company; You have worked with them for quite some time, when there was trouble, you put blame on the Organisation, stating that they are trouble,

6) You as HR Professional, it is ultimately irking that you have this thought . This statement is Highly Condemnable

7) What authority as Head HR you have,

8) Why you need to take the responsibility of Handling Cash, is that the role of Head HR.

9) How did you know she made a Plot against You

10) When you that she had made a plot against you, why you were not proactive ?

11) You have done your HR Course through correspondence; you have told LIE in the interview that you have HR experience, now when you are in trouble, you are talking about the qualification of your Boss, this shows how much opportunistic you are.

12) you yourself have decided that he doesn’t know anything or know only little.

13) There is no Self Confidence, determination, Focussed Approach in you.

14) You are not clear on what you wish to achieve….

15) Unless you have determination for Career Growth & Open your mind, it is difficult for you in any company

16) With this attitude, I am sure in another 4 months, you will search a New JOB,,,,

From India, Coimbatore
gopal.krishna151
Dear Mr. Peer Mohamed,

Please find my reply for your points in blue

1) On What Basis, You Term this a True Story

Because this is what I have undergone in my life...so its a true story...no lie at all

2) You have accepted 13 Companies in 11 Years, Shows you are impatient, and Not Career Oriented.

This shows my struggle to get good compensation package.....If you would have been true then I would not have worked for 4 yrs in Ranbaxy.

3) If you really stayed there, you would have definitely come to a good Position now

Being chosen as a Stenography as a career, its not possible...

4) You have Got a Good job as Head HR,(Surprised on what basis they have decided to offer you as Head HR, after knowing your background), You did not work towards consistency

The interview was conduted by DGM - HR from Dubai, I have been selected out of 25 candidates. I have been selected because I was very uptodate with all the information and as I said lie that I had earlier HR experience. And the boss to whom I was reporting was a different person.

5) You know that it is a Muslim Company; You have worked with them for quite some time, when there was trouble, you put blame on the Organisation, stating that they are trouble,

I was very desperate to get a HR job full fledged , I even did not bother to know whether it is a muslim organisation while joining......and when the trouble came I did not blame the organisation but blaming the employees and the management.... please make it a point.

6) You as HR Professional, it is ultimately irking that you have this thought . This statement is Highly Condemnable

For your kind information 99% of employees are whole heartedly supported me and was very happy with me as a HR head. No body got any complaints about salary , pf., etc. The person who is dedicated for the people for their welfare is the real HR professional...for your info.

7) What authority as Head HR you have,

I think you have not read the entire story properly....I was responsible for everything as HR Head... with no assitance and superior above me......

Why you need to take the responsibility of Handling Cash, is that the role of Head HR.

Please take note that it is the responsibility of HR person to take care of Admin also....and to save the company from nasty people, I tried to take the step.... I think to try to improve the situation....rather than closing eyes is not praiseworthy......

9) How did you know she made a Plot against You

It is self withnessed

10) When you that she had made a plot against you, why you were not proactive ?

It happened in no time....there was no scope of proactiveness....my dear....

11) You have done your HR Course through correspondence; you have told LIE in the interview that you have HR experience, now when you are in trouble, you are talking about the qualification of your Boss, this shows how much opportunistic you are.

The person who took my interview was DGM -HR....a qualified person....but the person to whom I compelled to report was not a qualified person....

12) you yourself have decided that he doesn’t know anything or know only little.

Yes for all HR things , he used to depend on me.....

13) There is no Self Confidence, determination, Focussed Approach in you.

For your kind info I am confident, determined and also focussed.....If you say about me like that ...its not binding on me.....

14) You are not clear on what you wish to achieve….

I am clear on my wish to achive a respectable and happy life.....more satisfed...if I had been into HR....

15) Unless you have determination for Career Growth & Open your mind, it is difficult for you in any company

You are mistaken ....I had worked in Ranbaxy for 4 yrs....which is quite long.

16) With this attitude, I am sure in another 4 months, you will search a New JOB,,,,

You are again wrong....I signed a bond for 3 yrs....so no scope to search for a new job.

ANYWAY.....I CAN UNDERSTAND YOUR ANGER.....BY READING YOUR TITLLE OF THE NAME...BUT PLEASE DONT TAKE IT PERSONAL.....I DONT WANT TO OFFEND ANYBODY , OR ANY RELIGION....SORRY, IF I HURT YOU BY MY TRUE STORY....

ANYWAY THANKS FOR THE CRITICISM.......IT HELPS TO GET BETTER CLARITY FOR THE PEOPLE WHO READ....

BYE, TAKE CARE

GOPAL

“If u can't be a pencil to write anyone's happiness, try atleast to be a nice rubber to erase everyone's sorrows…………”

+91 93831 93832

Sharing what is Shared with me

From India, Hyderabad
nirupama ravindran
hi,
The role of an HR manager is a very critical one in an organisation. It calls for various hurdles and difficulties. However, if you are focussed and determined to be an HR manager, then you can be one. One bad circumstance in an organisation should never pull you down. Let us not think about the past. You very well knowthat there is no growth as a secretary. Believe in yourself and do not heed to what others say about your character. You can be an exceptional HR professional and you have proved it once when in Dubai. Believe in yourself and do what your heart says. Be confident and more bold.
Nirupama

From India, Kochi
swati.kongare
Hey you have got really a good experience not only as PA but also as HR.
why you have so bothered about yourself be confident & try for the HR job as you have interest in the same. see PA & HR are the one who are always close to the directors .for the HR job even your PA job will be helpful in your future. you can surely & positively liable for the HR position as you have also completed your MBA. I dont think that only because of the silly incident happened in your life you should be so demotived. after all life is all about ups & down , if in life you have not come across any of the difficulties that means you are on a wrong path because mistakes & difficulties make us to learn something & not to do the same mistake again & again.

Are you sure that art is one of the best things in your life?
You enjoy making it?
Then be happy!
Lots of people don't know what their talent is, and so it's hard for them to use it.
But
YOU found your talent.
You're working with it and that's something to be proud of!

A quote for you:

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us."

So Take changes and risks! Don't get stuck in the problems of the past, they're not worth your energy and your time

cheers have a happy & successful life ahead.

regards swati

From India, Mumbai
swati.kongare
Re: A True Story - Must to read for all and give your opinion

Hey you have got really a good experience not only as PA but also as HR.

why you have so bothered about yourself be confident & try for the HR job as you have interest in the same. see PA & HR are the one who are always close to the directors .for the HR job even your PA job will be helpful in your future. you can surely & positively liable for the HR position as you have also completed your MBA. I dont think that only because of the silly incident happened in your life you should be so demotived. after all life is all about ups & down , if in life you have not come across any of the difficulties that means you are on a wrong path because mistakes & difficulties make us to learn something & not to do the same mistake again & again.

Are you sure that art is one of the best things in your life?

You enjoy making it?

Then be happy!

Lots of people don't know what their talent is, and so it's hard for them to use it.

But YOU found your talent.

You're working with it and that's something to be proud of!

A quote for you:

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us."

So Take changes and risks! Don't get stuck in the problems of the past, they're not worth your energy and your time

cheers have a happy & successful life ahead.

regards swati

Thanks & regards

swati

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.