No Tags Found!

appukutti
Hi, Swati
Giving job is the responsibility of Management hence do not feel guilty. I agree with you that sitting idle for morethan 8 hours is very difficult but please bear it with sometime. Definately your problem will be solved within a couple of days.
One more thing, do not quit job at any circumstances. Just take this as testing of your patience by the Management. Visit HR sites and update your knowledge. Continuously ask your boss to look in to the documents prepared by you. If he is trying to escape do not bother, just go to him on a frequent intervals. I hope definatey you will get answer.
With regards
Appu

From India, Madras
Sheethal Upadhyay
My suggestion is Swati Sharma if you think you have not briefied with your roles n responsibility and you sitting ideal , why dont you to take the intiative of meeting the other team members of your Hr department and know what is there process flow , because for you to know about it is very impoatant becuase you are the part of the Department , so in this way you learn more about your company HR process .And if u think you have to make some changes anywere in the process please work on it and put forward that to your mangers and say him the changes to be made and reason for it .Thats called a passionate HR and the passion you have for work .Passion is very imporatant is HR .
Regards,
Sheethal

From India
DivyaManoj
Hi Swati,
I suggest you should not waste your time sitting idle, but you should start observing the culture and the different practices in the organization. I guess you are now done with HR policies and procedures followed by your company. So start spending time and understand the pulse of the employees and their expectations. A HR professional is successful only if he/ she are able to extract the concerns of employees, and this will occur only through communication. Hence do not confine to your place and start interacting and thereby keep yourself occupied! And of course, please give your boss his time to revert to you. 

From India, Hyderabad
sharmaharshal

Hi Swati,
As you said that your boss had not yet assinged any authority to you. By giving him the plan, it will help him to know what you can do. It will help him to give some authority to you.
See it is always better to do try something and fail rahter than dont try and fail. Dont take me wrong on my words. But i feel you should try first.
I will forward you a good article on how to handle different kinds of boss.

From India, Mumbai
sunil_bist1@yahoo.co.in
hi,
Why dont you get the knowledge about the new organization that you have join, study the cultuer talk to the people, have their comments, suggestion, look into the hr activity that is going on in ur organization the policies etc etc and then plan accodingly for futher that what ever you want to implement new in the organization and what ever changes that you want to happen in the existing system, policy etc that will effect the organisation positively, you can search on HR site what going on in other organizatio and n number of thing, try to create work for you own and thats what the management looks, utilize ur ideal time for some fruitful work, I am not telling that dont be online do chat, when ever you feel bore you can do that too.
Its just the suggestion dont take it personally.
Regards
Sunil

dinesh rathore
Hi Swati,
please keep patience, i m satisfy with balaji reply, at the time joining some mgt. checked the patience of new candidates and thier attitude also. how can you pass your time in free time.
please keep patience and have enjoy of this moments. because after some you will miss this moments.
Thanks & Regards
Dinesh Rathore
m - 9810339040

dinesh rathore
some time some mgt. gave proper time to new joinies to understand the environment and the system of the organisation. please have patience Thanks & Regards Dinesh Rathore m- 9810339040

Puja Kumar
Hi Swati,
I can udrstd ur prob. First thing u should do is just send a proper mail regarding ur current work status like as of now no work has assigned to you. Draft it in a proper way and send it to him. So that it will be a proof from ur side that u r willing to work bt there is nothing to do.
Ur second problem is u r getting bored as sitting without ny wk. U can use ur time in gaining some new things releted to HR or nything. because knowledge always help u to grow in future.
Thanks,
Puja Kumar

From India, Bangalore
Ravi Ahuja
Hi Swati,
Since this is the time when you can learn something new and study the environment of the organisation and suggest some good changes and also look for some cost cutting methods.that will give u edge in the Management's eyes..
Regards,
Ravi Ahuja

From India, Pune
Tambe Vilas
Dear Swati,

In today's era, in any profession, such situation is not new. Except manufacturing dept, where things are pre-defined to answer Why, what, when, where, who & how the activities are to be done to achieve organisational Common goal? i.e. end Product. But it is not so, in the case Service dept. like HRD, Maintenance etc. which perform support role and are the services, some times, are required on call basis i.e. as & when required. But Such service depts. get time to plan activities like Reviews, analysis, improvements in the process for betterment of the sevice Quality.

Every individual has got some potential / strong points, hence NO BODY should underestimate or overeatimate SELF or OTHERS - juniors or seniors.

I would say, the situation you refered and considered as a PROBLEM is not to be perceived as the problem but can be taken as CHALLENGE and an OPPRTUNITY for freedom / creativity. Rather your Boss might have wrinkles on his/her forehead when you approach for any work. Generally Boss dislikes Questions / problems from subordinates. Boss would be happy if any body approaches him / her with some positive feedback or solution on the problem because he / she gets chance to know your strengths - initiatives, capacity, capability and that encourages him also to suggest / share some additional information or sometimes it may be new learning for him/her.

By now, you may be having good idea / knowledge about HR Executive's roles & responsibilties within which you can List out HR activities & plan any HR related activity interesting to you and have confidence that by synergy effect of 3H (Head, Heart & Hands) = (Good thoughts, Dil sey & initiative/efforts) you can come out with some result which your Boss will be impressed. e.g. If HR related any activity is not initiated so far, if suppose, small initiative to improve inter-personal relationship within dept.- Organising Birthday celebration of a dept. colleague in the presence of your Boss within your dept.( for 5-10 min) and then can be explored if possible, in other concerned depts.

This is to suggest you that please get engaged mentally & physically with any creative / routine activity which will give you sense of achievement and also it is in line with organisational objective.

Best Luck to you Swati.

Regards.

Vilas

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.