No Tags Found!

vineetsaini19

Thanks all,
I got the replies in Yes as well as No.
But I want to clarify that we have no clause regarding the Probation in our Appointment letter.t e
I conveyed the same thing to the managing director to whom I am directly reporing and he says that he donot want get entangled in notice periods.
So , no notice period should be given. Is that rite??
Vineet Saini

From India, Chandigarh
ravit_72@yahoo.com

We should follow the law of natural justice. It is not ethical to fire an employee in a short notice even in probation period. It is rightly said that the concerned employee must have given adequate opportunity to improve his performance. If the concerned employee went to labour court then it will be difficult for you prove the non performance. Hence it is suggested that the concerned employee must have given at least one chance for improvement.
Ravi varshney

From India, New Delhi
jadhav-368
:):idea:Askyour probationer somethings whihc he cannot do or did then when you get oppournity then only you can fire him but you have to give a written notice of the same as the principle of natural Justice reuirement.
From India, Pune
RSUDHAAKAR

Mr Pankhuri is right, give the employee the second chance, before take a final decision, try to get a 360 feedback from HR side, normally when the boss&subordinate is not good, the boss intents to provide a wrong presentation
Discuss with the employee, put him/her on observation, if possible change him/her to different line manager/superivisor , observe their performance, as well the HR should have good observation during the same period
IT will create good HR practice as well the confidence among other associates about the company
Provide atleast a month time and fire, it is not only about a employee career but also the confidence it is going to create among rest of the employees
Regards
R Sudhakar

From India, Madras
jitendrasingh_ajmer

Every body wants a secure life/employment and this is not fare practice to remove employee's employment with immediate effect. When you sellect somebody you should see all the attribute of person and then sellect and give him employment in trainee six month then prob six months and then if you found him suitable then confirm only. In training or in probation there is no need of notice pay.
Think also on yourself the same sitiuation - how you will handle.

From India, Jaipur
ritedarong

Hi,
Before venturing into the aspect of firing a person without notice during probation, one should judge the period of probation lapsed.
The law is very clear that if a person has put in continuously 6 months of service his services can be terminated with one month prior notice or one month pay in lieu of notice.
So if a person on probation is fired before the completion of 6 months period of service, he need not be given notice.
Think it over.
Regards

From India, Bangalore
vineetsaini19

Hi All,
I have made some changes to our policy now where in we have:
15 days training - termination without notice.
3 months probation - termination with 15 days notice after giving 15 days improvement period.
Confirmed employee - one month notice.
If some changes need to be made. Please suggest.
Thanks,
Vineet Saini

From India, Chandigarh
Michael Samuel
If i want to be a member in a marketing team, i must start to work as medical representative to reach the marketing. Try to tell me the right steps. Thank you in advance.
From Egypt, Aswan
mksharma63

Too many emotional and stereo type preachings/ replies (probably posted by members who have short span of working experience of facing such situations.

ritedarong has put it correctly.

My experience and understanding says that initial period of probation has more responsibility on candidate to prove his suitability to actual job requirements. This is the period where HR and Operational Boss has full responsibility to facilitate this process of induction training.

While saying above in my opinion if Management (to be specific his Boss, who is on the job trainer) discovers any lacuna in his conduct, character or capabilities, they should be prompt in taking a decision of shunting the fellow out. Rest all dept. (including HR) should not be much considerate at this juncture and facilitate the decision.

However if immediate Boss fails to identify any negatives in first 3 months and suddenly he says fire the trainee, than Boss should be taken to task..............

Above is transparent method which put positive pressure on both the parties and usually outcomes are positives only.

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.