No Tags Found!

shiva_HRM

Dada............ha ha ha ha. Thumhitho DADA (Ganguly) in aggression.
Vineet,
Please try to make policies at least basic policies for your company. You can really take a lot of info and support from this form to do this.
put your efforts so that It will not repeat to you in firing. I tell you one thing. Put your self into the employee position (whom do you want to fire) and take the rest of things ahead.
Regards,
Shiv

From India, Bangalore
tpankhuri

Yes baby

Please try and understand that Hr plays a major role in employee welfare and securing their interest.... See I want you to understand you are a representative of all those employees who are working in your company...

Asking someone to leave in one day is in- humaniteranian and unethical also, so the question of probationer or confirmed doesn’t comes here at all.

Play a role of bridge between your management and employees whenever you find there is something going wrong against the values put your foot down and explain people a correct process to follow......

Make processes and implement them.

From India, Mumbai
nirav_he23
is there any resoan for notice ? can manegment review PIP (Perforamance improvment Plan ) mins any commitment? If you fail to achive they can. Regards Nirav Bhatt Trainer
From India, Ahmadabad
robinp
It will depend upon the agreement that you have signed up with the employee during his joining and if there is no such agreement formed or if there is no clause mentioned in the appointment letter then you can ask the person to leave.
It is always advisable that you should excute an agreement before hand for every professional relationship.
There is no need to mention the lack in performance and all those stuff because nowadays the employees are too smart to understand these intiatives and with this kind of market scenario its even easier for you because you can clearly state the reason as redundancy is getting poised.
However its been very harsh and rude on our part to even address but this is our job and this is a part of our work for which we are paid for.

From India, Calcutta
Dakshina murty

It depends on company's policy. Normally during probation no notice period is required, however, as a good will gesture , you may decide to give a week's notice or pay in lieu thereof, if your company agrees for such consideration.
B.Dakshina Murty
Manager - HR & Admn

From India, Hyderabad
devs1180

Dear Vineet

First of all being HR / training practitioners, if we talk every time on Hire and Fire and use a deadly terms like termination. That reflects, we are quite stressed and having huge work pressure to which we are not able to cope.

Vineet, the way you asked for help, it pretended something else but when you got few replies something else came out of the blue (you wanted to terminate someone).

If you find that the newly hired person hired is non productive that mean (my personal views) it were

1, the selection process, which needs rectification.
2, Look into your (training/HR) department's efforts in improving skill and capacity of the newly hired person.
3, It seems you are in hurry so that you expected the newly hired to perform from the day 1 or 1 / 2 month or so (Give him some space, orientation, exposure)
4, If you hire and fire this way then my dear friend no new hire will do magics for you. Hence earth is the limit and I do not think any alien would also work for you.
5, You have no right to paly someone's career. Just imagine what if some one comes to you with 2 to 6 months of experience or with frequent job hopping experience. What would be your first reaction - Isn't it like; the person is not loyal to the company or he must be having personality disorders, feeling of insecurity in hiring him/her. Don't you think HR practictionrs should also be blamed for job hopping situations and employee leaving situations.

I would suggest, kindly do some self introspection, learn some good hiring techniques and hire a good trainer (soft skill) from some different background.

From India, Delhi
sowmya D
Hi vineet,
I think U can go according to pankuri's suggestion ,Firstly if a person is firing during his probation period which means within very short duration then there is some problem in recruitment policy, so i suggest Ur comapany has to improve that. And moreover during probation period we couldnt expect much from employees as u mentioned its a training process for them, so before taking any action think urself in their position and I think U can give him notice and give him 30 to 45 days to improve in his performance still if he doesnot then U can terminate him. Without giving any notice terminating an employee immediately and putting him under trouble, I think its a bad manners . Atleast one chance/opportunity has to be given for every mistake, where he can improve himself.

From India, Bangalore
drupad.joshi
That’s okay if you are looking for productivity from organization’s prospective. The end goal of every business is Profit, hence productivity is very important. But do remember your KRA’s too; I guess you are from HR Depart. and company has hired you for better HRM.
If you would support hire and fire policy, other employees would also feel insecure thereby leaving the organization as and when they get any alternative. Finally it’s going to affect your productivity by high attrition rate and loosing good people.
I liked suggestions by tPankhuri; this should have proper transparency in the system.

From India, Ahmadabad
vlrhemadri
It is all based on what mentioned in the Appt. Order. Is there any clause in appointment order regarding notice period.
From India, Madras
jayantarmy1
Dear Vineet,
It is totally depend upon your appointment terms and conditions. If the management has given any time bond as a notice period then you have to abey the same. Otherwise you can throw it within Seven days and not in one day but again depend upon your profile. Surely you just check out with your HR Manager and if he agrees for less than Seven days then it is your luck to go out of the flow.
Jayant

From India, Vadodara
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.