spellbinder

Hi Gaurang,

Before you begin using "psycho - logical" test, I recommend you do a documented survey which clearly defines the "culture" of your organization.

As you do that it may dawn upon you that you may not be able to draw a 100% accurate definition of your culture - values and behavior of your organization and its people. Even if you do, I'm curious to know if you have ever wondered just how exactly would you be able to demonstrate these patterns over and over again in your existing employees ??

Now, assuming that you do have a full proof way of "getting your existing employees to demonstrate patterns that depict your culture" you just have to start noticing those in the candidates you interview!! Right??

Well give them case scenarios in the interviews you conduct. Note their responses and the ones who behave like your existing employees would do (to the similar situation) are the ones fitting your culture! Right!

Nope... wrong! Your candidates and your employees are not lab rats that can be categorized and cloned and expected to behave as these books and tests say. Psychology has been wrong in doing so thanks to Jungian archetypes. They were meant to be points of reference and not filters which stereo-type people!

Coming back to culture - your interpretation of your culture might largely differ from that of your line manager for whom you would be recruiting the candidate. what would you do then? Wouldnt all this be a waste of time except for a sweet learning that "I shall not repeat this mistake again".

More simply put why do you want to waste your time with psychological tests (though they are good to save your job) when you can come up with your own. beats me!

As a piece of advice I'd say you can start out with competency based interview and have a method or interviewing technique which allows the candidate to demonstrate that specific competency. Such that all you have to do is measure his or her pattern of behavior against your required competency. Rank it and rate it. The one with the max score can be put forth for another round. Same goes with the culture.

All the best!

Nad

From India, Mumbai
ninuhyder
competency based interviews are an excellent method , most of our clientsgo with our competency based interviewing program in fact.
From India, Bangalore
gjoshi

Dear All, Once Again Thanks a ton to all of you for spending your valuable time in responding to the post. especially to Ryan and Nad.... for their beautiful thoughts... Best Regards,,, Gaurang.
From India, Vadodara
mrinal_k

Hi All!
There's a great discussion going on the psychological tests..I felt like sharing some questions for 'Temparament Testing'. These were shared by one of the Forum members previously.
Hope its of some use to you. I myself had designed some psychological test with a clinical psychologist, for my MBA students, which I will share soon.
Regards,
Mrinal :)

From India, Pune
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: xls tempques_205.xls (47.5 KB, 455 views)
File Type: xls tempques_137.xls (47.5 KB, 303 views)

rmanojcp

Dear freinds
Mind tuners an organization of psychologist working in the areas of training & HR consultancy has been developing a number of culture safy psychometric tests
it has also been contructing need based psychometric tests based on the requirement of the organization
One such test developded by the organization that can be used for recruitment is the acheivement personality rudiments mapping a test that is used to assess various personality traits and behavioral requirements necessary
for details contact

or 09444112608

From India, Madras
Ryan

Hi Mrinal,
That was a good assessment you posted. Can you give me details on who had posted it? I would like to know more about its background, the test group, a little more detail on the areas that it assesses and the uses of the instrument.
I noticed that the test focusses on fears & disabilities, which generally have negative connotations in our world. I wanted more details on how these parameters were chosen.
By the way, have you seen the Strengthsfinder from Gallup? Its quite interesting. There's a book called Know Your Strengths by Donald Clifton and Marcus Buckingham (both of Gallup) which gives more information on this topic. Quite fascinating as they speak about finding your strengths and then using them appropriately - whereas we (the world) have been taught from an early age to focus on improving faults so no wonder we are negatively focussed. 8)
Would like to have more discussions with you on this topic, offline if you wish.
Regards
Ryan

From India, Mumbai
mrinal_k

Thanks Ryan for going through the test-questions.
Unfortunately I don't remember/ haven't stored the name of the contributor of the test. Will try to look for it.
I do have the short tests for finding out the involvement and committment, developed basically for students, which may be converted for employees. I would surely share that soon.
I would also like to discuss more on the topic. You may write to me :
Regards,
Mrinal

From India, Pune
Yusuf TUFAN
Hi Colleagues,
we are using Predictive Index for such kind of assessment for recruitment, training needs, coaching as well as career development..
I need to tell that as per my knowledge PI requires a 3 days formal training with a considerable price and copyrighted software. But you can be sure that it worth that cost....
On the other hand in order to use company's sources ( human, time and money) efficiently and effective such kind of tool is inevitable.
Best regards...

mrinal_k

Dear Ryan,
As promised, I am attaching a file containing questions for psychological tests.
Hope its the same you were looking for. These were developed by myself with the help of a clinical psychologist. If you can't open it without password..the password is mpm.
Thank you,
Regards,
Mrinal

From India, Pune
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc test2_972.doc (42.5 KB, 525 views)
File Type: doc test3_111.doc (44.0 KB, 377 views)

Avneet Behl

Dear Mrinal Thanks for the tests.However, it is not mentioned how to interpret these tests ... hence it looks a bit incomplete..is there a way to know how to interpret the same.. regards Avneet
From India, Gurgaon
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.