rkp_lucknow
Hi Archana,

The role of HR is very typical bcz when you deal with govt. agencies you became a compliance follower/rule maker and when you deal with employees you became motivator and leader.

As per my opinion the employee and organisational relationship must to be too much strong and positive that employee could understand and accept the decision of the management with positive attitude and in company favour. But if there is any difficulty and negative aspects/opinion has aroused then HR person must have to play the role as leadership and teacher.

As some members of this site has suggested you, it should be better to invite all the family members of your employee in the late evening for enjoy the celeberation after inlightening "diyaa" at their residence and arrange Laxmi puja, sweet distribution, DJ, singing competetion, game for kids and dinner for them. I hope that they will enjoy the best. But if possible arrange for the conveyance that employees family could arrived at the celeberation place properly and they should be sent to their residence also.

Take care and have a nice day.

RAJ
LUCKNOW

From India, Gurgaon
rashidmusa

Dear Brigadiar Saheb,

You visit to the State Labour Commissioner Office and ask them for this.
I am sure, you will get answer on this from them to believe what I say.

What I said is mandatory by law to pay;

1. One day wages for the work.
2. One day extra pay for hardship of working on holiday.
3. Plus one day additional extra wage to compensate right to enjoy holiday or compensatory holiday in lieu of such holiday.

This I learn due to the fact that we had negotiated long back with Union on working during holidays opposed by the Union. There was industrial dispute and matter was settled in conciliation with reference to the context of this law.

Although many employer take advantages of ignorance of law and weakness of employees as well as law enforcement machinary who do not intorogate properly enforcement of this provision.

But if you are dealing with organised labour with union they will question your authority and legal base for implementing such practice in light of " "Ccotinuous Process Industry" status always claim this concession to work on holidays.

Regards

Rashid

From Saudi Arabia
rashidmusa

Dear Brigadiar Saheb,

You visit to the State Labour Commissioner Office and ask them for this.
I am sure, you will get answer on this from them to believe what I say.

What I said is mandatory by law to pay;

1. One day wages for the work.
2. One day extra pay for hardship of working on holiday.
3. Plus one day additional extra wage to compensate right to enjoy holiday or compensatory holiday in lieu of such holiday.

This I learn due to the fact that we had negotiated long back with Union on working during holidays opposed by the Union. There was industrial dispute and matter was settled in conciliation with reference to the context of this law.

Although many employer take advantages of ignorance of law and weakness of employees as well as law enforcement machinary who do not intorogate properly enforcement of this provision.

But if you are dealing with organised labour with union they will question your authority and legal base for implementing such practice in light of " "Cotinuous Process Industry" status always claim this concession to work on holidays.

Regards

Rashid

From Saudi Arabia
deepakraj
Dear All,
There is a provision under section 52 of the factory act,1948,accordingly to which,a worker may be required/allowed to work on a holiday and to avail a substituted holiday in lieu thereof, by complying with the provisions of this section.According to this provision, a worker shall have a substituted holiday, on any of three days immediately before or after the said day and no substitution will result in a worker working for more than ten days consecutively, without a holiday for whole day. In addition to the above, the manager of the factory, before the holiday or substituted holiday, whichever is earlier, is required to deliver a notice at the office of the Inspector of factories, of his intention to require a worker to work on the said day and the day, which is to be substituted and also display a notice to this effect, in the factory.
Deepak Raj
Manager-HR
V.Automat & Instruments Pvt.Ltd.
New Delhi

deepakraj
Dear All,
For carrying out manufacturing activities,on all the seven days of the week,it would require, workers also to work on the day of the week, which is Sunday/holiday or any other day, approved in writing by the Chief Inspector of factories. This is possible only, if all the requirements of section 52, regarding substitution of holiday, are complied with. However, it may be kept in mind that the primary object of this section is to provide holiday for workers, which has been fixed as any of the day of the week. But for special reasons, work can be carried out on the day, by allowing a worker, a substituted holiday, in accordance with the provisions of this section. You may also refer to the relevant provisions of the rules in the State Factories Rules, framed under section 64 of the factories act, 1948 (rule 84 in the Delhi Factories Rules).
Deepak Raj
New Delhi

neetuarora
Hello All
I Agree With All The Comments ,posted By Everyone.somehow It Demotivates Employees ,reason Whatever May Be.....management Should Give Off Of One Day Atleast On Diwali.it Is A Big Occasion.
Thanks
Neetu

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.