No Tags Found!

abhi16march

ohhhhhhhhh RJ u sent the req also.....good you sent the req to ur new sister ..keep it up man....:D
From India, Pune
abhi16march

real from the real person,fake from the fake person. and i know you are real, cheer up real story yaar
From India, Pune
varshneymeetu

Lovely story.....

My wife called, 'How long will you be with that newspaper? Will you come here & make your darling daughter eat her food?’

I tossed the paper away & rushed to the scene.

My only daughter, Sindu, looked frightened; tears were welling up in her eyes. In front of her was a bowl filled to its brim with curd rice.

Sindu is a nice child, quite intelligent for her age.

I cleared my throat & picked up the bowl. 'Sindu darling, why don't you take a few mouthful of this curd rice? Just for Dad's sake dear.

Sindu softened a bit & wiped her tears with the back of her hands. 'Ok, Dad.. I will eat - not just a few mouthfuls, but the whole lot of this.

But, you should...' Sindu hesitated. 'Dad, if I eat this entire curd rice, will you give me whatever I ask for?'

'Promise'. I covered the pink soft hand extended by my daughter with mine, & clinched the deal. Now I became a bit anxious.

'Sindu, dear, you shouldn't insist on getting a computer or any such expensive items. Dad does not have that kind of money right now. Ok?'

'No, Dad. I do not want anything expensive'. Slowly & painfully, she finished eating the whole quantity. I was silently angry with my wife & my mother for forcing my child to eat something that she detested.

After the ordeal was through, Sindu came to me with her eyes wide with expectation. All our attention was on her.

'Dad, I want to have my head shaved off, this Sunday!' was her demand.

'Atrocious!' shouted my wife, 'A girl child having her head shaved off?

Impossible!' 'Never in our family!' My mother rasped. 'She has been watching too much of TV. Our culture is getting totally spoiled with this TV programs!'

'Sindu, darling, why don't you ask for something else? We’ll be sad seeing you with a clean-shaven head.' 'Please, Sindu, why don't you try to understand our feelings?' I tried to plead with her.

'Dad, you saw how difficult it was for me to eat that Curd Rice'. Sindu was in tears. '& you promised to grant me whatever I ask for.

Now, you are going back on your words. Was it not you who told me the story of King Harishchandra, its moral that we should honor our promises no matter what?'

It was time for me to call the shots. 'Our promise must be kept.' 'Are you out of your mind?' chorused my mother & wife. 'No. If we go back on our promises, she will never learn to honour her own. Sindu, your wish will be fulfilled.'

With her head clean-shaven, Sindu had a round-face & her eyes looked big & beautiful.

On Monday morning, I dropped her at her school. It was a sight to watch my hairless Sindu walking towards her classroom. She turned around & waved.

I waved back with a smile. Just then, a boy alighted from a car & shouted, 'Sinduja, please wait for me!'

What struck me was the hairless head of that boy. 'May be, that is the in-stuff', I thought.

'Sir, your daughter Sinduja is great indeed!' Without introducing herself, a lady got out of the car, & continued, 'that boy who is walking along with your daughter is my son Harish. He is suffering from... leukemia'.

She paused to muffle her sobs. 'Harish could not attend the school for the whole of the last month. He lost all his hair due to the side effects of the chemotherapy. He refused to come back to school fearing the unintentional but cruel teasing of the schoolmates. Sinduja visited him last week & promised him that she will take care of the teasing issue.

But, I never imagined she would sacrifice her lovely hair for the sake of my son!

Sir, you & your wife are blessed to have such a noble soul as your daughter..'

I stood transfixed & then, I wept. 'My little Angel, you are teaching me how selfless real love is!'

"The happiest people are not those who live on their own terms…………but are those who change their terms for the ones whom they love"

From India, Mumbai
varshneymeetu

[COLOR="Blue"]One more ...WEAKNESS OR STRENGTH?

A 10-year-old boy decided to study judo despite the fact that he had lost his left arm in a devastating car accident. The boy began lessons with an old Japanese judo master.

The boy was doing well, so he couldn't understand why, after three months of training the master had taught him only one move.

"Sensei," the boy finally said, "Shouldn't I be learning more moves?" "This is the only move you know, but this is the only move you'll ever need to know," the Sensei replied.

Not quite understanding, but believing in his teacher, the boy kept training. Several months later, the Sensei took the boy to his first tournament.

Surprising himself, the boy easily won his first two matches. The third match proved to be more difficult, but after some time, his opponent became impatient and charged; the boy deftly used his one move to win the match.

Still amazed by his success, the boy was now in the finals. This time, his opponent was bigger, stronger, and more experienced. For a while, the boy appeared to be overmatched. Concerned that the boy might get hurt, the referee called a time-out. He was about to stop the match when the Sensei intervened. "No," the Sensei insisted, "Let him continue."

Soon after the match resumed, his opponent made a critical mistake: he dropped his guard. Instantly, the boy used his move to pin him. The boy had won the match and the tournament. He was the champion. On the way home, the boy and the Sensei reviewed every move in each and every match. Then the boy summoned the courage to ask what was really on his mind.

"Sensei, how did I win the tournament with only one move?" "You won for two reasons," the Sensei answered. "First, you've almost mastered one of the most difficult throws in all of judo. And second, the only known defence for that move is for your opponent to grab your left arm."

The boy's biggest weakness had become his biggest strength!

Source: Bits & Pieces, August 15, 1996, Copyright (c) Economic Press, Inc.

Sometimes we feel that we have certain weaknesses and so we tend to blame God, the circumstances or our own selves for it but we never know that our weakness can become our strength one day.

Each of us is special and important to Lord, so we should never dwell on any "weakness", pride or pain. We should learn to just accept what is and live our life to the fullest; and extract the best out of it! Remain Blessed![/COLOR]

From India, Mumbai
priyankaice
Oh i realy shocked about your friendship attitude...:-Dhee .....:-D hee.....:-D heee......:-D Now, i am too much frustated........Now i am going to kill my pet......... really
From India, Thiruvananthapuram
nithya_hr

My favourite story
This is what True Love is all about....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was a busy morning, approximately 8:30 a.m., when an elderly gentleman in his 80's, arrived to have stitches removed from his thumb. He stated that he was in a hurry as he had an appointment at 9:00 am.

I took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour before someone would to able to see him. I saw him look at his watch and decided, since I was not busy with another patient, I would evaluate his wound.

On exam, it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors, got the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redress his wound.

While taking care of his wound, we began to engage in conversation. I asked him if he had another doctor's appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry. The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife.

I then inquired as to her health. He told me that she had been there for a while and that she was a victim of Alzheimer' s Disease. As we talked, I asked if she would be upset if he was a bit late. He replied that she no longer knew who he was, that she had not recognized him in five years now.

I was surprised, and asked him, "And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?" He smiled as he patted my hand and said, "She doesn't know me, but I still know who she is." I had to hold back tears as he left, I had goose bumps on my arm, and thought, "That is the kind of
love I want in my life."

True love is neither physical, nor romantic. True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be.
With all the jokes and fun that are in e-mails, sometimes there are some that come along that have an important message, and this is one of those kind. Just had to share it with you all.

From India, Madras
nithya_hr

No stories and incidents ???????/// where is Hima , Manoj , Malini...............:-P:(:confused::confused::x:x:x:-x:-x:confused::confused:
From India, Madras
Shikha_Singh

Great thread. Great stories !! Heres one from me too... Hope u guys like it ......

Flying

Once upon a time there was a little boy who was raised in an

orphanage. The little boy had always wished that he could fly like a

bird. It was very difficult for him to understand why he could not fly.

There were birds at the zoo that were much bigger than he, and they

could fly "Why can't I?" he thought. "Is there something wrong with

me?" he wondered.

There was another little boy who was crippled. He had always wished

that he could walk and run like other little boys and girls.

"Why can't I be like them?" he thought.

One day the little orphan boy who had wanted to fly like a bird ran

away from the orphanage. He came upon a park where he saw the

little boy who could not walk or run playing in the sandbox. He ran

over to the little boy and asked him if he had ever wanted to fly like a

bird.

"No," said the little boy who could not walk or run. "But I have

wondered what it would be like to walk and run like other boys and

girls."

"That is very sad”, said the little boy who wanted to fly. "Do you think

we could be friends?" he said to the little boy in the sandbox.

"Sure." said the little boy.

The two little boys played for hours. They made sand castles and

made really funny sounds with their mouths. Sounds, which made

them laugh, real hard. Then the little boy's father came with a

wheelchair to pick up his son. The little boy who had always wanted

to fly ran over to the boy's father and whispered something into his

ear.

"That would be OK," said the man.

The little boy who had always wanted to fly like a bird ran over to his

new friend and said, "You are my only friend and I wish that there was

something that I could do to make you walk and run like other little

boys and girls. But I can't. But there is something that I can do for

you."

The little orphan boy turned around and told his new friend to slide up

onto his back. He then began to run across the grass. Faster and

faster he ran, carrying the little crippled boy on his back. Faster and

harder he ran across the park. Harder and harder he made his legs

travel. Soon the wind just whistled across the two little boys' faces.

The little boy's father began to cry as he watched his beautiful little

crippled son flapping his arms up and down in the wind, all the while

yelling at the top of his voice, "I'M FLYING, DADDY. I'M FLYING!"

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.