View Poll Results: Do you feel this is important/required...?
Yes 87 88.78%
No 11 11.22%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

suryavanshi_sandy
Dear All Members...
This is my genuine request to all of you that do add your current location with Cite HR account to make viewer's friendly while posting the comments.
>> Tools >> Edit Your Details >> Location.
This small step will help our fellow members.

From India
ashok.jangra

Dear Surya vasnhi I am agree and respect ur view, their location can make easy to understand their query and soltuion
From India, New Delhi
bharathi_83

Sorry to say no.. will tell you the reason .. here people are to discuss the HR topics and HR related Issues .. what matter to people from where they are .. the main thing we need to see that we are getting our exact answer or not.. not for the location .. every human being is friendly her.. if we add the location nothing is going to be changed .. Sorry if am wrong :)
From India, Madras
tajsateesh

Hello Sandeep Suryavanshi,

I agree with you.

Coming to Bharathi Maru's comments, I don't think this a 'right' or 'wrong' issue at all. It all boils down to whether one 'values' others' time or not.

I am sure most of us must have seen so many Postings where some members request for openings/jobs--WITHOUT any mention of his/her location. So in all such cases, it's the member(s) who wish to help who have to take the extra trouble of requesting for the current location--is this a well-spent time at all?

And if one reads such postings further, I don't recollect any Thread-initiator saying 'sorry' AT ALL while giving his/her present location to take things further--that's another matter altogether [lack of the basic courtesy to say 'sorry'].

Another typical situation: CiteHR is after all a Forum for HR professionals NOT JUST to share knowledge & help one another solve HR issues, BUT ALSO to network with other HR professionals. If one mentions his/her current location, this could help those interested to network with those closer to them--location-wise.

When we think about this, I am sure more such reasons will emanate that are related to practicality & convenience, and to a little extent, to core values.

Rgds,

TS

From India, Hyderabad
White Eagle

Hi, According to me location is important but choice must be to users whether they want to disclose it or not.
From India, Hyderabad
aussiejohn

One of the advantages of adding location is that fellow members can find each other in their area.
It provides an opportunity for members to contact each other and maybe meet up informally or even formally to help each other. I think some cities are already organising such meetings of CiteHR members.
We can gain a lot of help here on the forum, but within a town or city, members can form a small self-help group where they can meet informally and swap information, discuss HR problems etc.
However, not everyone can do that or wants to do that. Each member's wishes should be respected.

From Australia, Melbourne
suryavanshi_sandy
I do agree with John in Oz, its completely each member's wish and would be respected accordingly. This is just a 30 days survey to take the opinion from our fellow members.

However, this is not a illegal question is being asked, as Taj Sateesh said this is just to identify the people around us carrying helping nature/attitude which can be utilized by the needy/freshers. And off course the small groups can be formed too.

Apart from Linkedin & Facebook social sites where you'll find almost all the details about individuals with photo upload facility, I personally call CiteHR as a network of HR professionals who needs to deal with human beings day in-n-out, understand and resolve their issues.

Imagine an incident where you are in need of someone to be there at a instant, to whom will you call first??. Same is applicable in job too, so many of our newcomers post the questions which we think should be understood as a common sense but still they are in need of opinion from seniors.

Deviyo aur Sajjano, poll ends on 05.10.2011, and all the negative / positive feedback's are welcomed.

From India
suryavanshi_sandy
Dear Sneha,
To edit your designation go to Tools >> Edit Your Details >> scroll down you will find additional information column in which Occupation is mentioned there you can write / re-write your designation.

From India
omchetri

Hello Dear Sandeepjee,
I am truely agree with your view of adding current location and I also know that its upto individuals to agree or not. But I want to tell them who dont agree there is nothing wrong in posting their location, it will be benefited to us in future.
thanks
Om Bahadur Chetri
Sr.Officer - P & A
M/s Shyam Century Ferrous
A division of Century Plyboards (i) Ltd.
EPIP, Rajabagan, Byrnihat, Ri-Bhoi (Dist)
Meghalaya-793101.

From India, Calcutta
suryavanshi_sandy
Thanks a lot to all the participants to give their view upon the Topic, the scores are as follows:
The poll was: Do add your location with CiteHR, do you feel it is required / important? (Yes / No) and we received 87-YES (88.78%) / 11-NO (11.22%) this poll ended on 05.10.2011.
The results are before you, be a good judge. All the best.

From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.