tajsateesh

@ Saswatabanerjee--your suggestion of "show your 12 years experience as freelancer rather than director".
I don't think that will work either--since, as far as our experience goes, it's ONLY A GRADE DIFFERENCE, from the company's perspective, between being a Director & a Freelancer. In fact, some companies would rather deal with a formal Director/entrepreneur than with someone who has been working as a freelancer--the logic being that the later is tough-to-control/restrict once the person joins the company [unless they are OK with any freelancing].
@ Spider.net_institute--Pl reply to this question--already asked earlier:
You mentioned you were running a small firm--was this on YOUR name OR a relative's name OR jointly held?
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
saswatabanerjee

All my friends who are in salary jobs complain the other way round : that if they were in business, there would be no limit to earning.
Consider as i posted earlier : talk to the stronger competitors and see if any of them would be happy to have you join there, probably with your existing clients being theirs. If you want to really change completely, then change your CV to show the current working as Freelancer, or show it as an employee and show someone else in your family as the owner.

From India, Mumbai
saswatabanerjee

Yes, TS, you are probably right.
However, in this case he has not been getting interviews when marked as a director / entrepreneur, perhaps freelancer may help him.
Reconsidering the matter after your post, I tend to agree. If i was the recruiter, I would still be apprehensive of someone who has not been forced to obey office rules and structured organisation set up / reporting for 12 years.
(sorry Spider, that is the truth)

From India, Mumbai
tajsateesh

@ Saswatabanerjee--"......or show it as an employee and show someone else in your family as the owner."
That's what I was leading to--the reason why I asked the posting initiator to confirm about the ownership of his company--as per PAPERWORK.
He hasn't yet answered--so let's wait for it.
Reg your remarks "All my friends who are in salary jobs complain the other way round : that if they were in business, there would be no limit to earning"--like the Saying goes, 'the other side of the hill is always green'. The set/super-set/sub-set of focus areas/spots for an employee are TOTALLY different than for someone who is on his/her own. This Posting is proof enough of that. Also, having worked for 16 yrs in top-notch companies [and creating benchmarks in the process] before starting off on my own, I can vouch for it.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
spider.net_institute

Dear Sir,
I will upload my CV please suggest me, what i can do for getting job.
in my Profile i changed company name because of privacy.
Firm is on my name, all IT returns and everything is on my name,

From India, Gandhinagar
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc spider.doc (70.0 KB, 20 views)

tajsateesh

Hello,
After reviewing your resume, here are my remarks/comments.
In a SINGLE WORD: DOWNPLAY.
The general psychology/tendency of many people who have been or are on their own is to 'Highlight' whatever they did--nothing wrong per se. But it ought to be played out depending on the situation.
And another line: DON'T LIE. But that DOESN'T ALSO MEAN that you need to put the whole show on display.
1] Pl remove ALL & ANY references to the ownership of the company ['Director', 'Owner of Little Firm'] & FOCUS on your ROLE rather than your POSITION. Since you seem to be Technical Lead/Head in this firm, mention & stress on that fact.
Strictly speaking, the nomenclature/designation of 'Director' applies to ONLY TO LIMITED [Private or Public] companies--even though this is very loosely used now-a-days.
2] I presume that ALL the projects you mentioned have been done ON BEHALF of your Firm. IF YES, pl remove the references to the relationship with the clients ['Contractual', 'Freelancer']. How does it matter to the hiring company your relationship with the clients--as long as the Projects ARE REAL & you have documentation?
3] Also, it may be MORE appealing if you List-out the Projects in a structured way--Project Name, Client, Description, Environment, Duration, Role & responsibilities, etc.
4] I am not sure what you mean by 'CERTIFICATION COURSES'--does it mean that you HAVE the certifications OR JUST did the courses? Hope you get the difference. If you do have the many Certifications you mentioned, just mention "Certifications". And you can separate the Diplomas to another Heading AFTER Qualifications.
5] Suggest add the University from where you passed also in the resume.
As far the resume is concerned, that should do--you can clarify the exact nature of your association with the Firm during the interviews WHEN asked--if not asked, maybe you DON'T NEED to volunteer.
And as far as building-up the service documentation is concerned, I guess it's YOU or SOMEONE ELSE who needs to sign them--I am still unable to figure this aspect out for now.
Suggest wait for others too to respond.
All the Best.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
spider.net_institute

Really really heart fully thanks sir Great advice. The courses I did it only just got the. Training only. Few certication is done only one is MCITP and CCNA
From India, Gandhinagar
tajsateesh

Reg the certification Courses, then I suggest you remove the references to those where you did ONLY the courses. Such loosely used words COULD lead the recruiters to conclude that you are trying to misrepresent the facts. As it is, you are running uphill now--suggest don't add to the effort. Hope you get the point.
Especially the 'Ethical Hacking' part. Having CEH is really great-- but that would also lead to very high expectations--as you know that's one field in Network/System Admin that's a HOT CAKE in any resume.
Maybe, you can include non-certified areas/skills under a separate category as "Other Technical Skills".
All the Best.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.