No Tags Found!

Gari S

Dear Simhan,
I'm MBA-HR and a working professional in HR from last 5 years in manufacturing industry. I'm planning to start Ph.d soon. But before enrolling in any university I would like to be specific about the topic of my research. So here I need your advice. My interest would be in something in the field of Performance Management, Training & Development, Behavior changes, etc for manufacturing organizations. So can you plz guide me or provide me a challenging and useful topic.

From India, Lucknow
nashbramhall

Dear Gari,
Thank you for the request and giving me some information about your background and interest.
What matters in doing a Phd is, in addition to your interest, the feasibility of collecting primary data. So, you need to consider what organisation will give access to you. For example, a researcher's interest was TQM in Higher Education. Though the person was an academic and could get people to answer questionnaires, respondents were not free to be interviewed for the researcher to Triangulate the results. I hope you know all about TRIANGULATION in conducting research. Thus the researcher could not complete his PhD.
So, my suggestion is read some recent literature on the topics to find out what others have done, where, how, and why that way and also to asses what gaps exist in the research field. In pursuing PhD it is essential to add something new to the knowledge bank. Phd is not given for repeating what others have already done.

From United Kingdom
Dr.Appalayya

Dr. BR Ambedkar Institute of Management & Technology, Hyderabad is organizing a one-day Faculty Development Program on Ph.D. Research Process Simplified on 20-4-2013. The registration fee is Rs.1000/- per head. The fee may be paid in cash or by a DD drawn in favor of ‘ Dr. BR Ambedkar Institute of Management & Technology’ payable at Hyderabad. Last date for registration is 19-4-2013. Seats are limited.
Senior professors who don’t need this training may just pass on this message to their acquaintances who might need this.
Contact Person’s details: Prof. Dr. Appalayya Meesala, Mobile: 9848514011 email id:
The finer details are in the enclosure

From India, Hyderabad
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf PHDresearchprocess.pdf (655.1 KB, 8 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.