garimad
It is quite a unique situation u have going on...
But I think u should take the challenge
My suggestions are:
1) If u have access to the internet available to u, u can get a whole lot of info
2) Spend time reading books magazines and journals relevant to u
3) Company manual, etc
4) Brush up on Industry knowledge of the sector your company is in
5) Even if the boss is busy, there might be other colleagues (of various departments)
who are willing and able to help u in different ways
6) Learn as much from these sources, add knowledge and skill-sets which may or
may not be related to ur professional field of expertise
All the Best
be patient :)

From India, Mumbai
s_sukumar
Hi,
I know this must be frustrating but then I have realized that when one gets a free time its a good time to meet more people and also you could get some online courses that there may be.
Hope This Helps

From India, Pune
Kapil Airy
Hi Swati,
As u told that he didnt checked ur report. can u guess...Y. If he didnt becoz he could be busy guy... So just think how can u make his work easy.
Clear me...What is more important for you that he doesnt response you or u cant paas time there..means u get bored...
If 2nd option is more importamt for u..Then I will suggest u the Best option.....
Regards,
Kapil Airy
Wipro Infotech Bhopal.

From India, Raipur
jack_dcp21
Hi Swati, The reason might be bcoz ur from there competitor’s org, so they want to test you by not assigning any work, be patience and wait for your boss to assign the work........ Regards Jack

bhagyasri
Hope u r doing fine.
Dear wht I can suggest u is that, to go to ur boss and chk with him
directly with what u can help him out in making his wrk easy and also
to share his burden of work.. may be that can also make an impression
on ur boss about ur direct communication and also ur poractiveness and
interest to take and share the work.
Hope it wrks.
All the best.
Bhagyasri.L

krithika Jayaraman

Right as sharmahrashal says start collecting materials have you ever gone thru cite hr completely all the tags? just do that learn many HR concepts enrich urself this is the ryt time he might ask you one fine day what did u do all these days u will not have nay answer so kindly prepare materials main thing is enrich ur knowledge.
From India, Madras
fire123
Dear Swati,
I think your boss wants you to do some kind of Initiatives to know about the work, I think you will be having some colleagues at your same roll or they might be knowing what the earlier person in whose roll you r recruited have done earlier, try to explore yourself b'coz most of the bosses nowadys think not to spoon feed them let them walk themself even if you fall any no. of times.
So dont worry, try to explore and by the time you just make bonding with other colleagues so that it will be easier for you to get the info.
Regards,
Ajit Nair

avirhrs
Hi...
I would suggest, take this as an opportunity... Use the free time to know your new colleagues. Know about the work they do and their daily transactions. Help some of them with their work... or since you are into HR, try finding out their feelings for the Company and their attitude towards their job. I am sure you will definitely find something to put forth to your boss and get an appreciation.
Tomorrow when you get engaged with your routine work, trust me you wont find time to even fulfill your core reponsibilities as an HR.
Any ways, all the best with your New Job & Future Assignments.
Rgds,
Avi

From India, Mumbai
suks1970
Hey Swati
remain calm and composed!! I would recommend that you slot your 9 hrs into parts:a. work on the deliverable if given b. enhance your knowledge c. do some general reading d. try and have build contacts with other colleagues other than your reporting officer without getting involved in cheap gossips or finding fault and most important BE POSITIVE THAT THIS SITUATION WILL PASS; Fortunately today we have internet which throws phletora of information and knowledge; pick HR topics of your interest and with relevance today's changing and dynamic environment and keep making notes;

From India, Madras
shuchitab
Hi Swati,
Maybe you can work on your english writing skills in your free time, as you make a lot of errors and maybe that's the reason he's a little apprehensive bout giving you the right work!!
I hope you take this as developmental feedback,
Cheers!

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.