shobika_nanaiah
Hello!!
I was updating my company leave policy and have a clarification on the same.. In case an employee takes continous 10 or more days of casual leave, is the Saturday and Sunday also considered as leave or not.
Hope my question is clear, if not kindly tell me and i will try adding a little more details
Regards,
Shobika

From India, Bangalore
jeevarathnam

Hi Shobika
First of all I don't think so as Any employee will be eligible for CL of 10 days in contiguous. If any leave exceeding 2 or 3 days as per policy it shall be treated as EL.
First of all be clear that how many leaves that every employee are eligible in a year & the type of leaves.
Once again it is organisation policy whether to include Saturday & Sunday as leave. for example if any employee avails leave on Friday & Monday and if Saturday & Sunday are holiday then as per Shops & Commercial Establishment act you shall treat as 4 days leave. But few companies treat it as 2 days leave as considering Saturday & Sunday as off. This concept is called as sandwich leave. Hope now you shall take call after discussion with the management

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.