No Tags Found!

adelsaad
Dear HR friends, I have been asked to review the HR policy in my company..... Could you give some ideas How to Review the HR policy? Regards, Adel
From Saudi Arabia, Khobar
gjoshi

Dear Adel,

I have just finished up with reviewing HR Policy of my organization which i joined only 3 months back, and 1st task that was assigned to me was to review HR Policy, and suggest suitable changes.

Initially, i was not comfortable with a thought that how a new joinee can review policy when he himself is not completely aware... but do not ask for such luxury since being in the profession of Human Resource.

well, the formula i adopted was, first i red out entire policy word by word, including various implementation guideline etc. then i compare the same with our existing practice, i found many gaps between what is written in HR Policy, and what is being performed. i have prepared a detailed report mentioning changes, and wherever i found practice to be change according to the policy i suggested, and where i found practice more comfortable in terms of employee, i suggested policy change.

surprisingly, my report turn out to be very valuable, and finally i re - drafted the policy document, thereby ensuring policy and practice in accordance with eachother...

try out this ...

but in HR Profession what you need to follow is your study about your circumstances, because what has been followed by some one may not sounds applicable in all the cases.....

EVERY NEW QUESTION REQUIRE NEW ANSWERS!!!

All the Best

Gaurang Joshi.

From India, Vadodara
binzy16

Dear Joshi,
You sound real practical and that was real impressive.Even I believe in laying my own road instead of following the oft beaten track. If you follow that you just cant imagine the amount of freedom and confidence boosted up to your personality.
My Best Wishes to you!!!!
binzy

From India, Bangalore
KRISHAN KUMAR TYAGI

Dear All,

What Joshi has suggested is really helpful. Now I will give you some more tips.

1. talk to all your HR colleagues and find out what problems they or employees are facing in relation to a Policy (take one Rule/ Policy) at a time. Also ask for their suggestions.

2. Do a similar exercise with Accounts Department (because wherever money transactions are involved, Accounts Dept. comes into picture)and HODs of various functions.

3. Talk to senior management to get their views.

4. Find out what is happening around you or in Industry. What good Companies are doing in regard to that Policy.

5. Now you have all the data you need to have. Your job is to match the aspirations of employees as well as Top management. But ensure that Policy should be simple to implement and understand. Make a draft.

6. Call a meeting (participants should be predetermined and should represent Top Mgt., HODs, Accounts and HR People) and discuss the draft in detail. Preferable to circulate it in advance. Finalise, implement for six months and after six months again review to freeze it.

Policy making is not an easy exercise (it is time consuming too if you really want to do a good job).

KKT