No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Can I tweak/edit form 16 for tenure and tax deducted, total salary? If done, will I pass the background check? If not what are the ways to check fake form16?
From India, Chennai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi

So for I have heard of fake payslip, relieving letter, Appointment order only. First time hearing Fake Form 16...This is new development.

If you come under the preview of income tax and if you are filling annual returns you will face serious consequences. So be honest. Never do this mistake. All documents are subject to verification by your Employer.

From India, Madras
raghunath_bv

Hi,

It's important to consult with a professional for advice specific to your situation.
Tampering with official documents like Form 16 is illegal and can have serious consequences. Form 16 is a legally binding document issued by your employer, and any alterations could be considered fraudulent.

If you need to correct any information on your Form 16, you should approach your employer and request an updated version with the correct details. If there are discrepancies, they should be resolved through legitimate channels.

If you submit a doctored Form 16 during a background check, it could lead to serious consequences, including the loss of your job or legal action.

To verify the authenticity of a Form 16, you can take the following steps:

Check for Official Headers and Footers: Ensure that the form has the official logos, emblems, and contact details of the company.

Verify PAN and TAN Details: Confirm that the Permanent Account Number (PAN) and Tax Deduction Account Number (TAN) mentioned on the Form 16 are accurate and match the details provided by your employer.

Cross-Check with Your Salary Slips: The figures in your Form 16 should align with the details provided in your monthly salary slips.

Validate Tax Deducted at Source (TDS): Ensure that the TDS mentioned in Form 16 matches the TDS certificates available on the TRACES website.

Authenticate with Income Tax Department: You can use the TRACES website (https://www.tdscpc.gov.in) to validate the details mentioned in Form 16. This is an official platform provided by the Income Tax Department of India. It's always best to maintain integrity and transparency when dealing with official documents. If you believe there's an error, discuss it with your employer or consult a tax advisor for proper guidance.

Thanks

From India, Bangalore
Srinath Sai Ram

Dear Member,
Please note that this is a professional Forum of Human Resource, Labour Laws Professionals with adequate Qualification & industry Experience.Please do not reduce the value of this forum. Cite Administrator to make note of such Posts.

From India, New Delhi
aussiejohn

Srinath Sai Ram

Every week we have posts from people who have falsified documents, or are looking to find a way to do so despite the fact that they will get caught, and it could have far reaching consequences for their future career.

We would like to think that everyone who joins this forum is a professional, but sadly that is not the case. particularly given that we have a lot of people who have no clue about HR, but are doing HR jobs. I feel sorry for the employees in the organisations who are suffering from the lack of HR expertise, particular in regard to salary, leave, benefits etc. which make up the majority of questions here.

As a moderator, there are posts that I would have no hesitation in deleting, but I err on the side of caution here. In this particular matter, the general consensus of members is that this behaviour is not condoned. However, I do not think we should be putting ideas in to other people's minds about the possibility.

At the end of the day, there is nothing we can do to help people that have been caught, but they still keep posting here in the hope we can offer a way to circumvent the rules, and it is our job to say clearly DON'T DO IT and end the discussion right there. Continual discussion will not make the practice any more acceptable or legal as the case may be.

From Australia, Melbourne
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.