Anonymous
In my company, one has to apply for PL 15 days before, I applied for it 40 days before and one more employee also applied in same duration some 20 days before but my boss accepted his leave and not mine and when asked why, he told randomly he did sanction one and other rejected. On one more occasion he sanctioned other employee leave, i.e. PL which was applied just 1 day before. I feel that he is bias. What remedy do I have. Please guide.
From India, Ahmedabad
Madhu.T.K

There is no legal remedy because the right of your superior to sanction leave cannot be questioned. For him your absence may cost more than what the other person's absence. He may be biased but you cannot prove that he is biased. If this persists, you can decide to change the employer.
From India, Kannur
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi

In normal course PL leave to be applied one or two weeks in advance in some companies employees use to avail with very short notice as well.

Sanction of leaves are at the discretion of Superior or Reporting Authority... based on the work... There should not any personal bias... However when you are planning for leaves dicuss with your boss and then plan..

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.