amit_ku
I had bought few days of medicine with bill from first shop in one state but after that all my medical bills had to be made at second shop in a different state due to prescription date issues but purchase was still made from the first shop without bill. Prescriptions from both the shops were submitted but the batch number of medicines remained the same in bills due to which I am under the lens of vigilance dept for:

1. Medical irregularities - batch number issue
2. Fraudulent medical claim
3. Malpractice
4. Misuse of medical facilities, CDA rule

Also, the second shopkeeper gave in writing to my company that he provided just the bill, not the medicine.

Is any defense against the above possible in an official inquiry in front of IA(inquiring authority)?
Shall I accept, deny or partially accept or plead guilty to all the above 4 charges as the purchase was made, just there was a billing issue.

saswatabanerjee

It may have been just a billing issue to you, but in reality you are acting fraudulently.
If you didn't get the bill, it is better to let go of the expense than to do such a thing that may result in you losing your job.

Since the evidence is already there, you have no option but to admit to your actions, apologise and promise never to do it again. In most cases, they will let it go, but if you are holding a position of confidence and trust, it is unlikely you will be able to retain your job.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.