No Tags Found!

abhivir123

Dear All, I have recently Joined a New Staffing company, I am new to HR, they are counting the attendance for the contractual associates for a period of 11 to 10 every month. But I do have one question,
1) For the Sep attendance we calculated from Aug 11 to Sep 10 i.e. 31 days. But as per records we have to show Sep 30 days only.
Can someone please help me guiding on the same as how to proceed with salary where we are getting attendance for 11th Aug to 10th Sep and have to pay salary for 30 days of sept'2021

From India, Faridabad
Anonymous

11th of Aug to 10th of Sept (Salary month sept) is little bit confusing. The maximum days are of August and you are paying 20 days advance salary to employee.

Generally these adjustment are done for facilitating time office for pay days calculation because practically it is difficult to calculate from 1st to 30th and pay on 7th of every month.

In my opinion attendance cycle can be set as per convenience of your plant /contractor but the payment should be done timely paid i.e. on or before 7th if Manpower is less than 1000. If manpower is 1000 or more then the salary to be paid on or before 10th of proceeding month.

I think this cycle is legally correct but you are paying 20 days advance salary and hope you must have some recovery of excess salary paid in advance in case of employee become absconding etc.

From India, Mumbai
saswatabanerjee

I believe there is no law that specifically says salary is to be paid for calendar month. therefore, any period not exceeding a month is correct.

You are not paying salary for September, you are paying for Aug-Sept period. I am assuming you are paying them by the 17th of September. In that case you are not paying advance salary for September but paying for a pay-period that is different from others.

One problem you may face is for PF, ESIC where the computation is expected to be for the month.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.