No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hi All, I want to know how this Legal Requirement came into existence for OHS. What are the principles and why it is needed? Anyone having any ideas and documents , please may post here.
From India, undefined
amit_thkr86

IF your company registered Under Factory Act...….then you have to comply with occupational Health and Safety. For more query, Drop us a mail.
From India, Faridabad
Kritarth Consulting

In the wake of Industrialization, few Employers would have noticed some of their "Factory-Hands" were not available because they appeared Sick, Diabled, Absent longer,frequet & recurring Gaps and once alerted came to realize that such Absences from regular Work/Duty was due to Occupation-related specific affliction, disease, attributable to the Raw Materials or and Production Processes these Workers were intercating with, a Classic Case instantaneously comes to mind was "Asbestos-related", I recall some Canteen Workers suffereing Hand/Palms related afflictions and my Pioneer Employer instantly scheduling Annual Compulsory Medical Check-Ups followed by intense Treatment and many PreCautions.

Post -Independence the Factory Act 48 was Promulgated with 4 Planks namely Safety, Health, Work Hours and Welfare of all Workers as the Min for Refistering & Running Indutrial Establishments. Later, Environment Protection & Care was seeparately legislated upon.

Post Covid 19, New Norms in Workers Saftey with Security, Healthcare, Productive Work Waysare bound t Unfold and Embraced

Harsh K Sharan, Kritartth Team of HR Management Caretakers,

From India, Delhi
Kesava Pillai

Dear ANNONYMOUS,
I am sure you may not get an answer to your question "how this Legal Requirement came into existence for OHS" so easily for Safety professionals are not usually taught about this issue.
Your question prompted me to make a video and publish it on YouTube, titled "Industrial Safety Too has a History" for the benefit of all the youngsters coming to the profession.
URL : https://youtu.be/mWC2U3niX5o
Please see it , you will get your answer.
Regards,
Kesava Pillai

From India, Kollam
dipil

@Kesava Pillai - Great to go through your YouTube Video. Thanks for sharing. Really appreciate.
From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.