No Tags Found!

puja-kulkarni

Hello Everyone, I am working as a HR & Admin in logisitcs company.and I want to generate SOP for maintenance department for Vehical maintainance. please help me for the same asap. Thank you, Pooja
From India, Pune
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Pooja,
What is the fleet size of the vehicles in your company? Does the movement of the vehicles take place only within the city or vehicles go out of the city as well? What type of vehicles your company has?
Irrespective of the replies to the above questions, preparation of the SOPs for the Maintenance Department is the primary job of HOD of that department? Being from the HR department, why you have been assigned to this task? Yes, you may assist that HOD but this cannot be your primary activity.
Preparation of the SOPs is a long-drawn process. One needs to understand the types of vehicles used, education and skill level of the technicians, whether they have understood the concept of the first-line servicing and second-line servicing etc. Even if you hire a technical consultant, it could take a few weeks for him to understand the systems and processes of the department and he will able to design SOPs thereafter.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
puja-kulkarni

Hi Dinesh,
Yes, you may assist that HOD but this cannot be your primary activity.
Yes,I agree but here is no HOD for the maintenance dept.So my Seniors gave this task to me and i have to complete and i dont have any idea about that SOP.
What is the fleet size of the vehicles in your company?
40 feet
Does the movement of the vehicles take place only within the city or vehicles go out of the city as well?
Yes, vehicles go outside also.
What type of vehicles your company has?
Yes,Trailor,Tractor,Tempo
I need a simple format because main issue is that Maintainance Bill,scrap Material are no coming on time to HR/ Account department.
So due to this reason i need a SOP .

From India, Pune
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Pooja,
After reading your replies, it can be deduced that you do not technical SOP but the procedure to run the maintenance department. Therefore, you may tell your management to hire an external auditor and he/she may set up a proper procedure. The important thing about the transport department for your company:
a) Proper accounting of the fuel consumption
b) Proper calculation of the mileage of each vehicle
c) Proper records for the consumption of the spares of each vehicle.
If the above records are not properly maintained, there is a possibility of theft or pilferage taking place. Lastly, to do this activity, one has to work in the transport department for at least a month or so. No external person can give a ready-made solution to you.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
puja-kulkarni

Dear Sir, Thank you For your valuable suggestion. Thank you, Pooja
From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.