No Tags Found!

Sivarasu J
Kindly let me know What is Leave policy, why we give 3 separation and variance in leave.
From India, Chennai
KK!HR

Leave Policy of any organisation describes the leave entitlement and crediting of leave, leave availment terms and conditions, leave sanctioning authorities, action in case of overstay of leave or in cases absenteeism etc besides the type and nature of different kinds of leave. Basically leave is of the following types:
1. Casual Leave - to meet sudden emergencies like death in family, usually given between 7-12 days,
2. Earned Leave/Annual Leave/Privilege leave - Employee earns the leave by virtue of service. Factories Act prescribe a norm of one day paid leave for every 20 days worked. Most organisations give between 22 to 30 days leave in a year.
3. Medical Leave - given either on full pay basis or on half pay basis, Medical Certificate insisted for more than two days absence, usually given 20-25 days in a year. If ESI Act is applicable, then seperate medical leave is not needed for ESI covered employees
4.Extra-ordinary Leave or Leave without Pay - To deal with extra-ordinary situation like flood or other natural disaster at home town, prolonged illness etc. Usually limited to 3-6 months in the whole career.
The different types of leave occur due to the different nature of them. It is possible to contain them under one or two heads, subject to the applicable Standing Orders, mentioning the statutory condition of the leaves and they have to be strictly complied.

From India, Mumbai
nathrao

Every industry/office is governed by some legislation.
Shops and Establishment Act of the state where they are located or Factories Act etc.
These acts provide for leave to employees-causal leave, earned leave etc.
It is necessary for every office to formulate a leave policy for employees as it is legally mandated and a welfare activity for employees.

From India, Pune
gauravf1

I have some queries regarding leaves. Hope you will help me.
Ours is a Pvt ltd company, from Maharashtra.
i want to design Leave policy for my company.
What I Know is, "earned Leave and maternity leaves' are mandatory as per Act.
But Casual Leaves and Sick leaves are mandatory?
Please guide me.

From India, Amravati
KK!HR

Maternity Leave and Annual Leave (also called as Earned Leave/Privilege Leave) are statutory in nature and are provided in MB Act & Factories Act respectively. Provision for casual leave/medical leave is mandatory under the Model Standing Orders provided in the Industrial Employment Standing Orders Act. You may consult the above provisions and thereafter come up with any specific query.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.