No Tags Found!

MINDSKILLS

We offer 3 distinct opportunities for training your people in how to interview well. These include an online version for distant learners. But before that we must be clear as to what is involved in conducting effective interviews.
Management is presented with few opportunities to exert greater impact on organizational results than through selection of employees. Post selection remedial training is an expensive way to make up for a bad hiring decision.
What are some critical issues in interviewing well? It seems there are six points. Each of them presents a make or break moment. Also, these issues cover the complete life cycle of the selection system. The points are --
1. What are the non and pre-interview aspects of the selection system and how to plan for them in order to derive full value of interview. An incorrect shortlisting and eligibility criterion system causes unnecessary false positives (wrong guys being called, resulting in wastage of time) or false negatives (good guys not being called for interview, resulting in waste of talent).
2. What exactly to look for in the candidate. The selection criterion should have validity i.e. they should actually check what the job really requires. Some points --
--The three types of fit required - Skills fit, job fit & company fit – and how to describe them.
--How to decide upon the criterion for a candidate – from HR manual of that job (competency lists) or through a mini exercise of collecting success and failure markers of the job?
--While quantifying criterion, how to keep allowances for specific environment of that job at that time i.e. personality of immediate boss, whether incumbent expected to hit ground running or job allows a long learning curve etc.
3. Having decided what to look for in a job, how to plan looking for them, i.e.
--What type of interview – behavioural (tell me) or situational (show me). How to design the two types or a mix of both.
--How to plan an interview strategy i.e. what are the critical parts and how to lead conversation to them, what responsibilities of each of the two interviewers, how to plan for time, what tactics to use in different cases, how to plan the weightings of each sub-skill etc.
--How to plan for consistency i.e. the interviewee must get the same result (selected/not selected) irrespective of which interviewer is assigned to conduct the interview. The personality and preferences of the interviewer must not matter.
4. Having planned it, how exactly to conduct the interview -
--How to set the tone and pace of interview.
--How to use communication techniques to get the interviewee to open up but not dominate.
--How to use specific techniques of questioning to probe specific issues.
5. Having completed the interview and collected the data, how to make best use of same to meet the organisational needs.
6. How can the better part of the system be automated. Yes, a lot of it can be.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Several training opportunities for above. Send queries to . +91 9821677859, Mumbai, India

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.