No Tags Found!

THRTWO
Hi , My employer has capped the PF contribution at 12% of Rs. 15000/- i.e. Rs. 1800/- per month for both Employer and Employee contribution. Now, I would like to contribute toward VPF. Is it possible to contribute to VPF at a certain % of my actual basic? or will I be able to contribute at a certain % of Rs. 15000/- only?
From India, Bengaluru
Prashant B Ingawale

Why don’t you invest in other 80C Tax Free funds as employer may not entertain your request for VPF.
From India, Pune
THRTWO
Hello Sir, Can my employer deny my request to contribute to VPF? Is that legal?
From India, Bengaluru
Pradeep.kumar

In Voluntary PF u can contribute 100% of your actual basic.
From India, Mohali
THRTWO
Hi Pradeep,
That is true.
But I am told that, since my PF wages are capped at Rs. 15,000/- , I can contribute only 88% of Rs. 15000/- as VPF. The balance 12% is already being contributed as Employee contribution of PF.
I wish to contribute more than 88% of Rs. 15000/- as VPF. I wish to contribute about 60% of my actual basic. Is that possible?

From India, Bengaluru
Shrikant_pra

The employer has to pay PF admin charges on total contribution. If you contribute at higher rate than employer has to pay higher admin charges and as such it is not obligatory for employer to accept higher contributions.
From India, Mumbai
Vidyadhar Bhat

Dear,
You can contribute the maximum of your EPF wages. 12 % statutory and 88% voluntary.
No question of PF admin charges as employer is paying admin charges on EPF wages i.e. on Rs. 15000/- ( 1800 Statutory + 13200 Voluntary = Max. Rs. 15000 )
Give declaration to deduct reqd % age to the employer. There is no relation
Employer will contribute max. to Rs. 15000 ( CC + EPS )
Thanks,
Vidyadhar Bhat

From India, Pune
S.himani
You can contribute 100% of basic under section 80 C.
From India, Noida
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.