shobhana bhati

Hello Everyone, I am working with a government organization, where we hire a contractor who provide us all kinds of labour for technical work. After two years we came to know that he is not remitting labor's EPF & ESIC in their respective accounts. After that we have taken action against him for EPF non remittance.
But my query for ESIC are-
1. Whether he is liable to remit both (employee & Employer part) in their account?
2. If he has not remitted required amount than what step we should take?

From India, Pune
Anonymous
According to my knowledge cont period Benefit period Apr -sep
From India, Chennai
rajan89
According to my knowledge
cont period Benefit period
Apr -sep Jan - Jun
Oct -Mar July-dec.
first we need to check that which Benefit period we are in. suppose if it is oct 2017 means better we can pay arrear for oct2016- mar 2017 period. rest of amount we can pay in Omitted wages option. obviously both the contribution have to Remitted. .
Arrear Wages only that Employee get benefit. otherwise that omitted wages amount ( 6.5%) goes to Govt( ESIC)
Rajan.J

From India, Chennai
shobhana bhati

Hello Rajan Ji, Thanks for ur reply. Its pending Since Aug 14 and his contract has been ended on 31.07.17
From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.