ashok6292

Hi ,
i am running a business with 50 Employees. Among them 32 are hired by me. 18 are hired by labour contractor. I just need to clarify whether the labour contractor should opt for PF & ESI as the number does not exceed 20 in number. Plz guide me whether to ask Labour Contractor to deduct Pf & ESI from 18 workers Salary.

From India, Hyderabad
Shrikant_pra

The act is applicable to you & he is your contractor. As such it becomes applicable to him also irrespective of his manpower.
From India, Mumbai
Bharat Gera

Dear Friend,
1. Yes Labour Contractor must opt for his own PF & ESI Registration and get his own PF & ESI code and start deducting PF & ESI Contributions from the salary/wages of the employees. Although qualifying numbers required are 20 but the departments will register him. Going forward whne more employees are engaged through contractor with growth in business this will come very handy.
2. Yes he should deduct ESI & PF and deposit with concerned department.
Warm Regards
Bharat Gera
HR Consultant

From India, Thane
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.