navjot05

hello
please give me your opinions regarding the article(in tribune dated 6th august) 3 day working week. its about working 11 hours per day and 4 days off. this trend is applicable in some countries, can it will be applicable in india? what will be its pros and cons.

From India, Chandigarh
Rodies

It will reduce the effectiveness of the employees as employees' productivity decreases for each hour.
It will not be effective in India where employee takes 2 hours to commute in Metro cities and living with many family responsibilities as compared to foreign countries employees.
Amit C

From India, Thane
dixonjose02

I think in a developing country like India, 3 days working is not a practical idea. Possibly in advanced countries 3 or 4 day is practicable.
But we Indians really need to slog a lot to take our economy ahead, before the Govt can even think of making 5 days / week mandatory for all.

From India, Mumbai
Anand

Indian companies prefer 11 hours a day - 6 days a week, don\'t they?
Companies need training and consultation for efficiency - if one cog in the machine delays execution, they need to be identified and fixed.
Reducing the time people spend in waiting for execution of the various parts of the project is more important than reducing the number of working hours.
When efficiency rises, they will be working fewer and far more productive hours.
Regards,
Anand

Ashutosh Thakre

It will work, provided that the entire chain of the business follows the same pattern, also the red tape is curtailed and work happens on first come first serve basis.
From India, Mumbai
Raviprasad167467

It is not at all possible in india and i hope we should not dream of it. if any one will try to implement than he definitely face the impact.
From India, Bangalore
skjohri1

Hi,
I am in agreement with the opinions conveyed above.
Incidently, let me state that sometimes in 1979 two proposals were moved by the Government of India which pertained to 24x7 working days (with staggered weekly day of rest) and five days working week. The opinion was vehemently against the former and in favour of the latter. Juxtaposition 3 days week for developing countries can only be a fig of imagination and is not practicable. The thought in question has not been introduced in developing countries as well.
S.K.Johri

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.