No Tags Found!

shwetashishodia@gmail.com
Hi,
Greetings :D
I am working as HR executive .Its an MNC.
I am just fed up of fighting with the poltics my colleagues are playing with me.
I dnt know how to tackle this kind of situation.
Plz help me out in finding the ways to deal with it.

From India, Delhi
fayeg

Hi,

Some tips..Dealing with office politics is not something you can take lightly in every situation. Politics can destroy careers. If you are in a politically untenable situation, you need to follow some basic rules to keep your head above water.

1. Identify exactly who is your political enemy. It may be one person or a group. A group is always harder to combat.

2. Identify who your allies are. Who do you know that you can trust? Who knows what you contribute to the organization? (If you are not a contributor, sorry you our out of luck) You need allies. It is a battle.

3. In ALL situations control your emotions. No matter how much someone is making you angry, no matter how many lies are thrown your way, never give in. Stay calm on the exterior, even if your blood is boiling. This is essential to fight a political battle. If you lose control of your emotions, you are hosed. We all have weaknesses. A political battleground is not a place to work on them.

4. Get together with your allies and strategize. The higher up in the organization your allies are the easier it is going to be. Directors, VPs, Officers of the company have learned how to play things politically smart. They also know that it is like a game of chess sometimes. You must have a plan.

5. Always play offense and not defense. You do not have to defend false accusations; however you do need to demonstrate your capabilities. What people see is always more powerful than what people hear. If someone observes your strengths, they will not believe someone who is trashing your name and reputation.

6. Use HR and all legal means to fight your battle if your job is on the line. You have more legal rights than you know and you need to understand what they are and how you can use them in your political battle.

Whatever you do, don't roll over and be defeated. You can fight even the nastiest political battles and win!

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
ranjana chaturvedi

I THINK YOU HAVE REALLY HELPED EVERYBODY WHO IS FACING THE POLITICS IN WORK PLACE .BUT HOW TO IDENTIFY ENEMIES SINCE EVERYBODY IS SOOOOOOOO NICE ON FACE AND MAY BE THE SAME PERSON SPOIL YOUR NAME .SUPERIOR DONT HAVE TIME TO LISITEN STORY FROM BOTH SIDE. :( I LOOSE MY COOL
From India, Mumbai
fayeg

Hi,
I understand. Its difficult to recognise who are your actual colleagues. Hence, I suggest its always better to keep a safe distance with office colleagues and not indulge in their empty talks. In this way, you will earn more respect and no one would ever dare say anything about you.
Fayeg

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
K.Ravi

I somewhere heard this quote
"GOOD COLLEAGUES ARE NEVER FRIENDS"
"GOOD FRIENDS CANNOT BE COLLEAGUES"
Always keep your personal interaction limited with them, dont over speak with them. But in some cases you may find some real GEMS who are both colleagues and friends. But that is really rare.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.