No Tags Found!

Anonymous
I am in a precarious situation.

I cleared all the rounds of interview for Company A. There was no communication from Company A after that. Then after a week, I called up HR from Company A and then we had a salary discussion round, where I requested X lpa. HR informed that she will check with management and inform me in few hours.
Again no communication from HR, my skepticism is growing. Now after 2 days I called the HR again, we again had a discussion and HR and me both decided on (X-1)lpa package. HR said she will send me the offer letter on the next day.
Again same, no communication from HR, I again called up after 2 days and immediately on the call HR said you will receive the offer letter within an hour.
It's been a day and I have still not received the offer letter yet.

Now I have 3 questions to the recruiters out there

1) Is the company also negotiating with other candidates and if they get them in lower salary then they will hire them?
2) During discussion HR told that the project starts in July 2024, can that be the reason for the delay?
3) Shall I consider that they will not give me offer letter and start giving interviews again?

Please guide.

From India, Kolkata
Madhu.T.K

The possibilities of your apprehensions (all the three apprehension) to become reality cannot be ruled out. Before an offer letter is communicated to a candidate, the employment contract will not deemed to have initiated. They can very well look for others who could match with their expectations both in respect of skills and in respect of cost. And if you call the HR constantly, they will think that you are desperately looking for (the) opportunity(ies), and that can even lead to put your interview evaluation sheet into the basket in which CVs not selected are put. Therefore, if you are currently employed, never give such an impression to the HR that you are desperately looking for a change. Wait, and in the meantime, look for better opportunities.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.