No Tags Found!

creativebit
Namaskar Everyone
Pl. Share the guidance on the below case
1) My father has a saving+pension account in the state bank of India. Since 2010 (after retirement)
at that time the Nominee Reg. No. was mentioned on the first page of the passbook.

2) Now the new passbook was updated somewhere in 2016 (exactly not known), it was found that the Nominee Reg. No. was not mentioned.

Recently My father died, and we went to the bank, to claim/ transfer the savings/pension of my father to my mother’s name

The bank told us that nominee was not registered after checking it digitally, and had to go with formalities in the presence of all family members. As one of my brothers was settled abroad with his family.

My query is: if the nomination is mentioned in the First passbook, then why was it not in digital records?
The bank people are saying may be your father has withdrawn from the nomination facility but it was not possible because my father being a defense officer was very serious about paperwork. And every other account including the Post office saving nominee name is registered.

As we have asked bank people to show the hard copy of the nomination or the nomination was withdrawn form, nobody is cooperating to date.

And the pension formality of my mother is delayed for no reason.

And I am working out of the city and not possible to stand in lines daily.

Also, Nomination is a one time process or we have to update it time to time (even if there no change)

From India, Chandigarh
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi

Nomination once updated in Bank registers/ system is supposed to reflect in new passbook also. Any how you should have obtained legal heir certificate with which you can approach the bank. You may email your grievance to banking ombudsman if need be.

From India, Madras
creativebit
@lakshmi JI, Thanks for the reply sir, will update further after visiting the bank on Monday or Tuesday.
From India, Chandigarh
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.