No Tags Found!

priyaslakshmi1905@gmail.com

Dear HR professionals, Please let me know whether there is a leave associated with the demise of a family member? Looking forward to hear from you.
From India, Kochi
KK!HR

Not heard so far, then Casual Leave is for meeting such emergencies.
From India, Mumbai
priyaslakshmi1905@gmail.com

Please let me know if any of you heard of any of the below leaves can be applied on the above:

1. Special leave
The aim of the Special Leave Policy is to provide a framework that enables employees to request reasonable time off for:

Serious illness or bereavement of a close relative (Compassionate leave).
Unforeseen emergencies involving dependants or unexpected domestic emergencies (Emergency leave).
Essential civic and public duties.
Service in the Reserve Forces.
Jury Service and attendance in court as a witness.
Gender reassignment.
Fertility treatment.
Elective surgery/procedures.
Religious or belief-related obligations.
Voluntary work.

2. Compassionate leave

3. Bereavement leave

From India, Kochi
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Following leaves as specified respective Act would be sufficient. Any thing over and above is at the discretion of the employer.

For demise of family member casual leave would be sufficient.

When you go for different leaves like Compassionate leave/ Emergency leave how will you scrutiny the genuineness of such leaves?.

Our employees are well known for asking leave for death same Grandmother/Grand Father many times !!!

From India, Madras
Pocket HRMS

Yes, there is a leave associated with the demise of a family member in Navi Mumbai, India. It is called bereavement leave.

Bereavement leave is a period of paid time off that is granted to employees after the death of a close family member. The amount of bereavement leave that is offered varies from employer to employer. In Navi Mumbai, most employers offer between 3 and 5 days of bereavement leave.

To request bereavement leave, you will need to provide your employer with a death certificate and a written request. The request should state the name of the deceased, the date of death, and the relationship between the deceased and you.

You should also let your manager know when you expect to return to work.

From India, Dombivali
Vaishalee Parkhi

Yes. Bereavement OR Funeral Leave can be granted.

I am happy to state that while offering my HR Consulting services, I could introduce this type of leave in two medium sized organisations as a part of employee engagement and retention initiatives. During death of a closed family member, the person should not feel pressured about work or leave consumption and should get some time to recover from the grief - this is the intention of Bereavement leave. Apart from the suggestions above, 2 points from my side -

1. Closed family member to be spouse, children, sibling, parents and in-laws
2. Allow this leave to be prefixed or suffixed with CL or EL, if required

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.