allmed

Dear team, Pls help me out to create a format for KPI of warehouse staff. Ours is a retail pharmacy chain. The warehouse mainly deals with medicines Thanks in advance Anu
From India, Thrissur
raghunath_bv

Hi Allmed,

Creating a Key Performance Indicator (KPI) format for warehouse staff in a retail pharmacy chain, where the warehouse primarily deals with medicines, involves identifying key metrics that reflect efficiency, accuracy, and overall effectiveness in managing pharmaceutical inventory. Here's a sample format you can use:

Warehouse Staff KPI Format for Retail Pharmacy Chain

I. Inventory Accuracy
Order Accuracy Rate:
Definition: Percentage of orders accurately picked and packed.
Formula: (Number of accurate orders / Total number of orders) * 100
Target: 98% or higher

Stock out Rate:
Definition: Percentage of times an order cannot be fulfilled due to insufficient stock.
Formula: (Number of stockouts / Total number of orders) * 100
Target: Below 2%
II. Order Fulfillment

Order Processing Time:
Definition: Average time taken to process an order from receipt to shipment.
Formula: Total order processing time / Number of orders processed
Target: X hours

Pick and Pack Time:
Definition: Average time taken to pick and pack items for an order.
Formula: Total pick and pack time / Number of orders processed
Target: Y minutes
III. Stock Management
Inventory Turnover:

Definition: Number of times the entire inventory is sold and replaced in a given period.
Formula: Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) / Average Inventory
Target: Z times per month
Expiry Rate:

Definition: Percentage of expired medicines in the inventory.
Formula: (Number of expired items / Total inventory) * 100
Target: Below 1%

IV. Safety and Compliance
Adherence to Regulatory Guidelines:
Definition: Percentage compliance with pharmaceutical regulations and guidelines.
Formula: (Number of compliant activities / Total activities) * 100
Target: 100%
Safety Incidents:
Definition: Number of safety incidents within the warehouse.
Target: Zero incidents

V. Productivity
Units Picked per Hour:
Definition: Average number of units picked by a warehouse staff member per hour.
Formula: Total units picked / Total hours worked
Target: A units per hour
Orders Processed per Day:
Definition: Number of orders processed by a warehouse staff member in a day.
Formula: Total orders processed / Total days worked
Target: B orders per day

VI. Communication and Collaboration
Communication Effectiveness:
Definition: Percentage of successful communication with other departments.
Formula: (Number of successful communications / Total communications) * 100
Target: 95% or higher

VII. Continuous Improvement
Process Improvement Initiatives:
Definition: Number of initiatives taken to improve warehouse processes.
Target: At least C initiatives per quarter
Notes:
X, Y, Z, A, B, C: Set these targets based on the specific goals and capabilities of your warehouse staff, and adjust them as needed over time.
This format provides a comprehensive overview of key areas for measuring the performance of warehouse staff in a retail pharmacy chain. Regularly reviewing and updating these KPIs will help ensure continuous improvement and alignment with organizational objectives.

Regards

From India, Bangalore
Dinesh Divekar

Dear member,

I wish you had checked Google on KPIs for the pharma warehouse. Rather than asking to be spoon-fed, this forum is for raising queries about the issues faced in the execution of the knowledge.

While raising the query also you have not given adequate information. How many retail stores are attached to the warehouse? What is the average distance and what is the total distance from the warehouse to the retail stores? What is the frequency of the despatches? What is the method of transportation?

Yours is not a traditional warehouse for the raw materials or the finished goods. The most important factor is managing inventory at the retail stores. Managing inventory means managing stockouts and accumulation of the excess inventory. So the question arises who decides on the levels for minimum stock, maximum stock, reorder point etc?

Additional information is required on the number of warehouse operators and supervisors, the number of shifts, the equipment used in the warehouse etc. To measure the productivity, these details are necessary.

I ask these specific questions because I provide training and consulting in "Warehouse Management". It is easy to refer to or recommend bookish knowledge. However, improving the productivity of the warehouse or reducing the total warehousing cost requires a deep study.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Anonymous

Thank you Mr Raghunath.
@ Mr Dinesh, Ofcourse I have already googled many threads regarding KPI of warehouses. Since ours is a new kind of warehouse , I didnt find anything accurate. Also i am not expecting anything to spoon-feed, but a better insight.
thanks

From India, Thrissur
raghunath_bv

Hi Allmed,
Let me remind you that you have raised only asking for KPI for a Pharama warehouse, other than that you have not specified the type and strength of employees in the warehouse, since your raised a generic question and answer will also remain generic and it is surprising to note that you are expecting specific answer is strange. Put forth you question in a proper way and expect proper answer. You understand.
Thanks

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.