Anonymous
I have been suspended from my Private job and charge sheet is issued to me. All the allegations are very nominal of not performing the task which was not at all important. But I have done all the important works related to my portfolio. Just I inquired about my deducted salary and job security I was suspended. Now I don't want my deducted salary and other benefits but I want to resign from my job. My question is whether can I resign in this period? I have given explanation to my charge sheet .
From India, undefined
umakanthan53

No; a charge-sheeted employee's resignation will not be normally accepted by an employer unless he is of the conviction that an unwanted employee's exit is more important than it's mode in order to save the time, money and energy involved in the formal disciplinary process.

If the poster is really confident about his blemishless service or conduct, he can actively participate in the disciplinary process and should disprove the charges levelled against him. In stead, if he tries to resign while the disciplinary action is in progress, it would be certainly construed as an attempt to circumvent the effect of a possibly ignominious exit only.

From India, Salem
mukesh.ravi

If you are suspended and a charge sheet has been issued to you, You can not resign from the company. When you have already replied to their charges, you need to wait for a minimum of 15 days and again follow up the matter about its future course of action. If they initiate any inquiry, you should participate and put forward your point of view and that too in writing. If they do not reply for a long time even after many reminders say more than 3 months then you can search for a new job.
From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.