Dineshpadwale
Dear Professionals,If employees family members are sick and admitted to the hospital then in this case employee can use his sick leave balance for the leave more than 10 days period, can we adjust these leaves against employees sick leave balance after valid certification of doctor. Pls advice

Thanks & regards
Dinesh

From India, Nashik
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi In the absence of Earned leave or Privileged Leave sick leave can be granted to the employee.
From India, Madras
umakanthan53

Sick leave, as I understand from the relevant provisions of various Labor Laws, simply refers to the leave of absence due to sudden and temporary illness of the applicant employee without any medical authentication. Therefore, it cannot be applied for the sickness of the employee's family members.
Of course, such a sanction can be subject to the employer's discretion in exceptional circumstances.

From India, Salem
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Dear Dinesh,
My reply is 'No'.
The sick leave facility is for the employee's sickness but not for the members of the family.
I don't know about your establishment and the policies of leave. In general, unused sick leaves get exhausted at the end of calender year. Your posting says balance sick leaves, which gives an impression that your Co is following the carry forward of leaves to next calender year. What will you do when employee falls sick for more than 10 days? Your management can consider for an adjustment as special case by the CEO/MD on representation by the employee.
This is an unique situation and sensitive too. To combat such situation your company need to bring out a policy for the welfare of the employee.

From India, Mumbai
yessirvijaya@gmail.com

Absolutely not. The objective of sick leave is only to to protect employee health and surely not his kith and kin. To take care of kith and kin employee may apply for casual leave or if it is more than 3 days, may apply for earned leave or loss of pay leave.
From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.