kumark_kaushik
Dear Friends
Please tell me that if any organization is giving ESI and Pf to the employees then it is necessary to give workmen compensation insurance policy.
please also tell me that if organization needs cauals labourers at the site for one or two days then do they also need to have contractors license even for less then 20 casuals labours..........but total permanent emplyees employees is above 20 ........
can we have the unnamed workmen compensation policy for casual workers because the casuals workmen changes in the daily basis..........
please reply my quaries........
with regards

From India, Delhi
rayagiri
Hello Friend,
If u r company had ESI registration then there is no reqiurement of WC Act 1923.
Reg Casual labour u should give full details whether they r contract labour or casual labour.
Ramu Rayagiri
Personnel
HAL .Maharastra

From India, Mumbai
KRISHAN KUMAR TYAGI

Workmen Compensation Act is applicable only in those case where ESI is not applicable as rightly pointed out by Ramu.
Secondly if you are hiring labour thru Contractor, then it will be called contract labour and not casual labour (Ramu's question mark actually means this only). Casual Labours are engaged directly by the Company and not thru Contractors.
In case of Contract labour, Contractor will not need to get registered if the number of labour engaged by him is less than 20.
In case of Company if total number of Contract Labour engaged thru all Contractors is less than 20, then Company also will not need to get License irrespective of number of Permanent employees.(This issue is not linked with the number of Permanent employees).
KKT

From India, Delhi
svenkat05

what about their insurance and which company offers flexible insurance coverage (ie short term insurance) Cheers Venkat
From India, Madras
sheshadri c s
I`m a Staff Non-Member of ESI & PFActs. Our Co. has regd. under ESI & PF rules. My Wife, who is a labour contractor - under whom the Co. engages 7 - 8 workmen on contract. Do the Co. require to pay ESI & PF for the said workers?
From India, Bangalore
Pradnya Bansod

Hello Everyone..
I had recently joined manufacturing company whose plant is gng to start within a month..Plant is located in one of the remote village area which does not have esi applicability..so if this is the case.., can anyone guide me about the group insurance ploicies or other to adopt as statutory compliances...!! which policies are applicable for manufacturing workers/employees..???
Need urgent help if u can..
Thanks..

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.