No Tags Found!

sunil_choughule

Dear,
Normally salaries paid monthly monthly staffer/employee and salaries paid for daily rated is for 26 days.So in case of monthly salary you have consider all month days irrespective of i.e 30/31 days.
Generally this is followed. Since office is staffer is monthly salary paid, it has to be calculated on monthly for 30 days irrespective month.
Sunil Choughule

From India, Mumbai
urjitkavi

Lots of Acts are discussed at a Great Length. In My opinion the article displayed on the Website of Ministry of Manpower sufficiently provides the facts as for the calculation of the Gross Salary Payable for the month is calculated on the basis of following formula :-

Salary payable for incomplete month of work = Monthly gross rate of pay x Total number of days the employee actually worked in that month / Total number of working days in that month.

Where the total number of working days in the said month should come to actual Working Days of the Month. We in Ahmedabad have Staggered Day on Thursday in Vatva Region. So if in a month of 31 Days there are 5 Thursdays then no. of working days comes to 26 and if in the month of 30 days it is 5 then it shall be 25. It is never fixed on 26 or 30.

The link to the above mentioned law is as follows :-

Calculation of Salary - Ministry of Manpower

Regards,

Dr. Urjit Kavi

From India, Delhi
M S N KHAN

Dr. Urjit Kavi has given the reference of Singapore government which can be different from Indian labour law.. However, it is the most logical way of calculation and we are following this system for the past several years without any objections from our unions. Regards
From India, Thane
swamiprasadgupta

The Main concept for calculating Salary gross salary/no of days in a month* worked days
From India, Chandigarh
anujsaini6@gmail.com

Dear all
as far i know that in mostly companies salary calculation do as- Gross salary/monthly days*working days (including leave+weekly off+holiday)
but per law salary should be calculate with 26 days.
because after working of 06 days, 1 rest is mandatory
finally we have two option to calculate salary
1. if we prepare the salary on monthly basis then we can take standrad 30/31 days
2. if we pay on daily wages basis then we have no option otherwise to calculate with 26 days.

From India, Dehra Dun
urjitkavi

Dear All,
Accepted that the link is from the Singapore Ministry but same applies as per the Factories Act.
The link was posted for making it clear that such calculation needs to be carried out.
Regards,
Dr. Urjit Kavi

From India, Delhi
anujsaini6@gmail.com

Dear All
i am still confused about salary calculation days.
As you noted in notification of Minimum wages Act there wages amount is fixed for 26 days, but we are calculating with 30/31 days.
i request to all of you please clarify in this matter and give solid reply.

From India, Dehra Dun
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.