No Tags Found!

inclakshmi

THE STORY OF A GOAT AND A TIGER

[IMG]http://alaivani.com/Portals/0/Blog/flickrphotos/digitalART2.jpg[/IMG]There once was lived a tigress in a forest. It was pregnant. Once while it was hunting for food on a group of goats, it fell down grievously wounded. In that situation it got the labour pain and delivered a baby tiger and it died.

This baby tiger was brought up among the goats. It took upon the habits of the goats and was foraging among the grass and nibbling at the leaves. It even cried out like a goat.

As time passed in this manner the tiger cub grew into a big tiger.

One day a tiger from the deep forest to attack on this group of goats.

It was astonished to find a tiger [IMG]http://alaivani.com/Portals/0/Blog/animals/goat.jpg[/IMG]cub foraging among the goats imitating the behaviour of the goats.

As soon as the tiger from the forest saw this it ran towards the tiger cub and caught the goat imitating tiger by its neck.

The goat imitating tiger upon the capture by the tiger started to shout like a goat at its capture and was asking the tiger to leave it as it was a goat.

The tiger then took this goat imitating tiger to a water tank and showed the image of them two to it saying ,’Look at the reflection of us in the water. You are like me, a tiger. You are not a goat’. ‘Now take this piece of meat’.

At this the goat imitating tiger first refused to partake the meat.

Eventually when it tasted the blood for the first time its attitude changed and its real hidden nature came out for the first time.

Now the tiger from the forest said to it, “Now do you know that we two are tigers? Now come with me to the forest and let us hunt together.”

Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa says that a real guru is like that tiger from the forest bringing out our real nature.

Many of us are like that goat imitating tiger who are under estimating ourselves. We have immense potential. We are like tigers, free. Yet we think that we are like goats.

Swami Vivekananda used to say, ‘Awaken the Atman. Power will come glory will come’.

From India, Madras
mohanraoo

Hi Inclaksmi ,
Good one !
If the story is continued , I am sure the goat imitatating tiger would become one of fine hunters and a deadly animal. I have a doubt here .
Will this tiger hunt and kill those goats with whose care, support and love , it was survived till it realised that it is a tiger ?
If so how it is justified ? Is it not back stabbing ?
If it wouldn't kill, won't it remain as a goat ?
In that way one should awaken the nature with in or not?
With due respects to Ramakrishna Parama Hamsa and Swami Viveka Nanda , what do you think their response would be for my stupid questions?
Regards
Mohan

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.