sabarivenkat

Though the following is an illustration to clarify 'Maya', I find this to be appropriate to emphasis on problem solving technique...

====

MAYA ... an illustration

He was a farmer. He died one day of his long illness. His three sons, after performing the last rites to their father, sat down to read the will left for them. The will read like this ::

"... My first son should get Half the share of what I left over.

.... My second son will get one third.

...... My last son will get one nineth..."

The three sons were utterly confused and complaining their helplessness because their father had left 17 cows for them to share !! If they go by the will, they have to cut a few cows to halfs and one thirds !!. Seeing their plight, a saint volunteered to help them out. After hearing their story and reading the will, with a big smile on his face, he asked the sons to bring the 17 cows and arranged them in a line.

Then he asked one of his disciples to bring a cow from his ashram and add it to the 17, to make a total of 18 cows. The he called the sons and started to share as per their father will.

The first son got 9 cows. The second son got 6 cows. The third son got 2 cows. Which accounted for 17 cows which their father, actually left for them. The 18th cow, was returned to ashram.

The 18th cow, which was not initially there, then came into existene, then went back ...... represents MAYA. It returned to the place, where it came from. From nothing to existence and back to nothing.

====

From India, Mumbai
gollapudi
hi, this is an good example of sharing, by which how we can solve problems and yet not loose anything. great thought told in such an uncomplicated manner thanks for sharing regards

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.