No Tags Found!

K.S.Ramgopal
How to overcome,office politics?Any expertise,Please advice and give me some tips? Regards Sriram.
From India, Madras
vvyas83
Dear Mr. Ramgopal, Its common saying amongs HR people that you can not run from politics so better be a part of it . I hope you got me. Vijay Manager - HR
From India, Jaipur
Ganesh.PS

Hi Ram,

There is nothing called 'overcoming office politics.' All that matters is how you survive with least emotional disturbances owing to incidences in office. Few things with the politics (guess thats what you mean) are:

1. There is never ALWAYS someone superior and other inferior in politics. This is like a tide where for few moments the tide is up and it goes down again. Hence the best way is to see 'how you can always put yourself on the top of the tide'

2. A smart chap would figure out, 'presently the power is with whom and how to get associated positively with em' Though it is easy to say 'Hard & Sincere Work would lead you up, the best approach is to figure out, 'how hard and how smart you may beed to work'

3. Mostly people who complain on politics would be 'who tend to work hard, have lot of ideas, who think they can do better than the rest - I call them the "SHAKERS". But they don't get that opportunity because of an existing organization culture that is too old to shake or they try to shake it too fast. Only solution for this is, go with the wind, note down how things would be if you had been given the power, but never raise it. It is like complaining a grandma of not being able to use a fork to eat, whereas you can - but the truth is whether she used fork or not, she has experience in eating atleast 40 years more than you.

4. Lastly, for next 2-3 months, draw a line for yourself stating that you only do what you're asked to do and you try to spend more time with people whom you don't like (this is tough) but 2-3 months life like this would put you on the tide-top for a long time.

From India, Bangalore
M.Peer Mohamed Sardhar

How to Handle Office Politics
Office politics can get really ugly. The worst part is you can't stay completely out of it when you're a part of the office. It has a way of getting into any organisation - a small or big one. Though you try your best to avoid it, you're bound to get into the trap sooner or later. Here's how to deal with office politics when you're caught in the middle.
How to Handle Office Politics | Work & Life | iDiva.com

From India, Coimbatore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.