vijetashukla

HI,
As suggested by our seniors, I would also suggest you the same. First ask your friend to get some practical exposure then academics. Even I have got 3 yrs of HR experience then I entered in this field.
Practical exposure really helps a lot while teaching and students also find it more realistic and useful. After few years of experience then he can start as Lecturer and then nothing can stop him.
With Best Wishes,

From India, Delhi
monica pankaj

@Mr Shastry,
Sir thank you very much...training part is really good.. will ask him to do the same..
@Ms. Vijeta,
I have also planned the same thing like what you are doing now.. will need your guidance... Kindly keep in touch..

From India, Delhi
rik
Hi, We need to come out from this mind set. Pursuing MBA straight after Graduation is not at all a good idea.
From India, Calcutta
sumantkhare

Monica,

As Head of Training at Reliance Retail, I had 160+ trainers in the team and of them, quite a few were BTechs and some were BTech +MBA !

Initially, I too was intrigued as to why they had shifted to training ? After interacting with them, I realised that they were actually passionate about training/ teaching and saw it as their calling. The engineering background coupled with MBA made them excellent faculty - logical, process oriented, etc.In fact, some of them were pursuing ASTD / ISTD certifications to grow further in this field. So it may not be unusual that your friend is inclined to teach Finance .

And now, something closer home- am sharing something personal - my son who has just completed Mechanical Engg has decided that he does not want to be in the field of engineering and actually wants to do his MBA and probably teach management !! So, in a sense, your friend's dilemma resonates with me.

As one of the members has suggested, your friend should pick up some work experience in finance and I'm sure ,sooner than later, he will get an opportunity to teach.

All the best,

Sumant Khare

Nvision Learning and Development

NVision | Learning and Development

From India, New Delhi
monica pankaj

@Mr.Khare,
I am really obliged sir that you have understood the passion of going in the field of academics.. I am sure where so ever and when so ever he gets his platform he will do wonders..thank you once again sir...you suggesstion is appreciated and will be implemented..

From India, Delhi
vkokamthankar

• I agree with most of the advises given by fellow Citehr members.
  • I feel there is a very pressing need of faculties with Industry Experience for MBA students. More the industry experience it would be better. Unfortunately very few Managers turn faculty for MBAs, reason being they are reluctant to this kind of change, earnings are less compared to industry and academia is also not very keen in accepting people from industry.
  • Regarding Interview Questions: In any job interview, one has to face all kinds of questions and they may be relevant or irrelevant. Mind you, a wrong answer or no answer to a particular question will not necessarily decide the outcome of interview. It has been my experience that, many highly educated candidates are poor in their knowledge of basics of their subject. I would like to quote a example: A MBA would probably know and will explain how to analyze and interpret the final accounts of the company but may stumble on a question if asked how you arrive at final accounts involving JEs, JVs, Ledgers, Ledger Balances, Trial Balances and Finalization. But as a Master in a particular subject, interviewer will expect you to know basics also well.
Thanks & Regards

From India, Pune
monica pankaj

Very true...This is why it is always better to get some industry knowledge before going to academics...
From India, Delhi
sumantkhare

Monica,

Further to my earlier post, with all humility, I'm offering to speak with your friend and support him in clarifying his thinking further - that should help him in chalking out a clear path ahead and an action plan to support that - that's what I do as an Executive and Performance Coach. There will be no advise or suggestions that I would be giving - I would only be facilitating in helping him find his way to reach his goal.

It is my passion to partner with people in closing the gap between where they are and where they want to be. Am offering to do this ( one or two sessions) without any strings attached - no cost/ charges. If he's in Delhi / NCR, we could chat up at Gurgaon at some convenient location; if he's in some other city, we could do it over phone. He would need to spare approximately an hour and a half for this interaction.

If he's comfortable in considering the above, he could call me on the contact numbers given below.

Regards,

Sumant Khare

M : 9650052490

T : 0124 - 4206665

From India, New Delhi
M.L.Bhargava

If he has passion for teaching and clarity on subjects he can prove to be very useful in teaching Industrial Economics and Management which is very important topic for all branches of engineering. Knowledge of this subject and its proper assimilation is very important for all engineering students.
From India, Jaipur
Ashwini.l
Hi Monica,
If he is keen to get in teaching field for MBA Institutions then following will be my advice to him;
1) Get industry experience of at least 3 years (Finance field)
2) While working pursue CFA-US certification
3) Clear all the NCFM Certificates and other Finance related certificates
This background will not only help him to get in good MBA institutes but will also boost his confidence level.
Regards,
Ashwini
HR Consultant!

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.