No Tags Found!

bala1

Hi Sunayna,

Thanks for your feedback.

The reason for splitting civilian and military nuclear facilities is as follows:

Before going into the reason, let me state the whole story:

1. India and USA agree on the terms for international (IAEA) inspection of Indian nuclear facilities.

2. One of the terms of teh agreement is that the entire nuclear facilities in India will be split into two - civilian and military.

3. Only the civilian nuclear facilities will be open to periodic international inspections.

4. The military nuclear facilities will not be open for any international agency inspection.

5. The reason for splitting civilian and military nuclear facilities is that - India will be able to retain its option for reprocessing plutonium, use it for nuclear weapons if necessary, continue with its PFBTR research progarm and strive for attaining self sufficiency in nuclear technology.

The fact remains that inspite of complete ban by USA and other countries of export of nuclear technology, India (through consistent and determined research) is more or less self sufficient in this technology.

I hope the above is clear.

The subject I mentioned in my first message on "Chenobyl" was regarding possibility and terribble effects of a 'nuclear accident'.

Thanks

Bala

From India, Madras
sunayna

ya..got the need for split ...
i have a note based totally on optimism and staying alert. :)
if we stop the nuclear progress on basis tht there might be an accident...arent we being too pessimistic.
ya..i know chernobyl was sad...but dint it help india progress
its like fearing bath on account of catching cold :wink:
comments expected
sunayna
hey..dont others have an opinion on this???

From India, Mumbai
bala1

Hi Sunayna,
Thanks for the commnts.
I wish others also join the discussions.
Maybe I have been little too pessimistic.
Request you to please read the article on "Sustainable Development" by Sri Sri Ravishankar which i uploaded on to this site yesterday. Presume that will throw some more light on the subject (not necessarily 'nuclear' but development in general)
Thanks once again,
Bala

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.