No Tags Found!

Raj Kumar Hansdah

My dear Friends
I am afraid to say this, but I don't think any of these ideas will work.
These are all just "theoretical" ideas, wishful thinking.
But do give them a try, and let the Forum know about the results.
To be really effective, one has to think first,
- WHY it is happening ?
- WHAT is the status of the wash room in the beginning (start of the Day/Shift) ?
- Is there any provision for Periodic Cleaning ? Do you have a person to do it? What is the Frequency of cleaning ?
- What is the profile of the Users ?
If you can furnish these info.; may be I can suggest something that works.
Regards.

From India, Delhi
seema_cc

Dear Sir
Like I have said in the beggining, its a 5* hotel...
- The wash room in the morning is in a bad state as in after combing people drop the hair down and no one is bothered to pik it up as they think the housekeeping is der so they would do the cleaning. Lips stick marks are on the wall, which we recently got painted and the next day we find a mark on it again.... People dont kiss the wall they put the marks from their fingers!!! The people who use the wash room are educated and U can imagine people working in the hotel are well educated atleast +2!!! The cleaning of the wash rooms happen thrice in a day... Here people are lazy they have heights of laziness, they don dump the used paper in the bins... they would chuk it on the bin!! they would drop it on the floor!!!

From India, Bangalore
seema_cc

Dear Sir

Like I have said in the beggining, its a 5* hotel...
- The wash room in the morning is in a bad state as in after combing people drop the hair down and no one is bothered to pik it up as they think the housekeeping is der so they would do the cleaning. Lips stick marks are on the wall, which we recently got painted and the next day we find a mark on it again.... People dont kiss the wall they put the marks from their fingers!!! The people who use the wash room are educated and U can imagine people working in the hotel are well educated atleast +2!!! The cleaning of the wash rooms happen thrice in a day... Here people are lazy they have heights of laziness, they don dump the used paper in the bins... they would chuk it on the bin!! they would drop it on the floor!!!
[IMG]https://www.citehr.com/images/misc/progress.gif[/IMG] [IMG]https://www.citehr.com/images/buttons/edit.gif[/IMG] <link updated to site home> ( Search On Cite | Search On Google )

From India, Bangalore
amohandasblr
another idea is to call all the girls and give a "kiss signature" on a note book. Now compare from the toilet and you catch the culprit...
From India, Hyderabad
boss2966

Hellow Seema ! ! !
Motivation in positive or by threatening them for some fine or deduction from their salary may be in one side and on another side how about trying some washable paint to be used for wall and locker as well as doors and windows. Weekly complete cleaning of utility area will be of use. Keeping the wash basin, driers, napkin/tissue papers and Waste bin to throw the waste with a lable please use me, for the users will make them to use and it will help you in maintaining and upkeeping the Change room and Washing rooms neat and tidy.
With warm regards
S. Bhaskar

From India, Kumbakonam
Mohammed.Rafi
Yes all are correct, but a small modification...Issue them a memo, saying their indiscipline and call for a meeting in which you have to show them video clips on "how to keep our sorroudings clean & neat".
You can download such video clips from youtube.com. The clips must be of any western country. So they will realise about the work culture that prevail in 'developed countries.'
Thaks& Reg.,
Rafi-Warangal

From India, Hyderabad
Raj Kumar Hansdah

I humbly submit the following two ideas:

(i) Ever noticed, how Indian men take a pee on the roads in cities ? They would look for a dirty stinky corner somewhere, where many people would have relieved themselves earlier.

You must have also noticed that people throw garbage where there is already some garbage.

In short, filth attracts filth; and people 'hesitate' to dirty a place which is spic and span.

(ii) In his marvellous book "Freakonomics - ..the hidden side of everything", economist Steven D. Levitt has described how the crime rate in New York City and the subway declined, by putting in place some "innovative police techniques".

One of them was, let me quote, "... the Broken Window Theory, conceived by the criminologists James Q. Wilson and George Kelling. The Broken Window Theory argues that minor nuisances, if left unchecked, turn into major nuisances; that is, if someone breaks a window and sees it isn't fixed immediately, he gets the signal that it's all right to break the rest of the windows and maybe set the building afire too."

New York Police went into overdrive and began booking hooligans for even minor offences that used to be ignored earlier. The subway authorities would immediately clean any graffiti. The train windows would be repaired immediately.

To put these ideas to work, would mean
  • - keeping the place clean at the beginning of the day
  • - increasing the frequency of periodic cleaning
  • - cleaning the offensive things, the moment they are committed
  • - going heavily after the offenders.
  • Since it is a Five-star hotel, initially you may have someone physically present on the spot for the whole duration to attend to the first three points mentioned above.
  • Make it amply clear to the concerned employees; by calling them for a meeting and later following it up by issuing a circular; that
  • "the management has decide to adopt a "zero tolerance policy" towards such infractions; as it being in hospitality business, keeping one's house in order is of prime importance, and a dirty staff toilet sends a wrong message. Henceforth, it is a collective responsibilty to ensure that utmost aesthetic and hygienic standards are maintained. management has taken a very serious view of such negligence and anyone found to be willfully acting against the interest of the company would be dealt with severely."

I am confident that this will work.

Installing CCTV would only create controversy and is cost-intensive, without providing any solution worth the investment.

Regards.

From India, Delhi
dr raghuvansh
Stop cleaning the purticular washroom intentionally , let it stink and be full of dirty things.....,
then call every person using the room......, watch their reactions and ask them to do something about it.

From India, Delhi
manishahnair
Seema - Does these suggestions helped?
Hey...
So what was the conclusion? Is your problem resolved??? I am sure from so many of the suggestions you might have got some solution to your issue..
Please share with all of us? What did you do finally???
Regards
Manisha

From India, Mumbai
isl
u can depute a lady guard in the wash room who will keep a track on the activities of all ladies n will report to you on daily basis. however, u can also put a notice in the wash room as how to use the wash room n who so ever will be defaulter will be punished accordingly. trust me it will work
From India, Vijayawada
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.