No Tags Found!

vsrege

Q.:How will you describe the colour red to a person who is blind since birth ?
I feel this question DOES have an answer,if taken per say.Lets leave aside the question being asked in an interview and think only abt the qn.
The question is HOW TO DESCRIBE - as we have seen earlier here HOT (temp.) would be The BEST to DESCRIBE the color red to a congenital blind person.Being blind his sense of touch may be highly activated and he would easily understand the description.
Also both, in Nature and in science,Red is almost always associated with HOT. Red chilli,Red Hot Iron,Red hot sun, Red blood ,Reddishness of Inflammation are some examples. Now please do NOT reply saying a Red Rose looks COOOOOOOOOOOOL ! I may not agree with u.
DESCRIBE here would mean to associate or try to establish a simile and NOT to actually make him see RED !

From India, Mumbai
vsrege

Hey and try asking this question to a Blind person who is NOT congenitally blind. He will give u the same answer.He has actually SEEN red, go ahead and ask him.
From India, Mumbai
vsrege

Example: Every one of us feeling the Air can u imagine how it look like?
Dear Uday, about ur above mentioned example-
Life is all about perception & Non-perception.
When u look up at the motionless ceiling fan all u can see is the 3 blades which hamper your clear view of the ceiling above. Put the fan on maximum rotating speed and Lo ! u can actually SEE the ceiling THRU the fan ! whatta a magic.U can then FEEL the air too that was present even when the fan was off.

From India, Mumbai
uday3003

Dear Vsrege.
I am not clear abt u r answer.
Are you explaining the shape of the air or fan.
From u r example i could understand that we can feel the air but not shape of the air because it has no shape.
Like that a blind person also can't imagine the color because he has never seen it earlier( I am talking about blind from born person only).
Regards
UDAY

From India, Hyderabad
SomGollakota

I can't! I can't explain a color to a blind person. I am not blind. I don't know how it is to be blind. Even if I were to go blind today, I will still not be able to understand how a born-blind perceives the world - because I have been fortunate enough to know how it is to have visual senses. I can never know how it is to be totally blind by birth. And I don't pretend to understand how a blind perceives the world, or colors. I dare not pretend I do, by trying to explain how, I think, a born blind perceives the world or colors. That would be an insult to the visually challenged!

--Som G

From United States, Woodinville
akshatgopal
Hi,
I believe that if this question is asked in an interview then its clear that the person is being judged upon his power of visualization. How can a person make others see what he wants to explain/show to them. As we move up the manage ment level this power should be enhanced in order to be able to forecast, plan and get in sync with the vision of the organization.
As far as the answer is concerned there is no correct or wrong answer to this question. One would take an approach according to his/her personality trait .

From India, Gurgaon
RuchikaRitesh
Hi all,
I feel apart from relating to 'hot', most of the blind people have at some point in their life must have crossed roads. They must have heard that traffic stops at red light then they can cross when all traffic stop. they can relate to red color as the color of urgency or a signal to move. God knows how they percieve and relate colors to smthing, but somehow i feel they do.

From India, New Delhi
rajasekar16

Hi,
I totally agree with uday...
How can we describe a particular thing to a blind person who have never seen that before?
My answer would be for this question is, as pallavi said we could relate the color with sense of feeling. Universally known that Red refers to hot/danger etc. On the above only hot can be felt so i would relate the color RED with hot. But still he could understand the relation but couldnt imagine...
So my opinion would be describing a particular color to congenital blind person is impossible.

From India, Madras
kcvvp01
I think he has to say baby what u feel with touch of your mummy what you feel in test of chocolate what you fill while playing with your favorite toy and what you feel when your papa is energy. Dear Boy all this is Red Color
From India, Vadodara
vsrege

Dear Uday,
I am sorry that I could not make u understand what I wanted to say.
As a science graduate I am aware that air per se has NO shape. I was just trying to explain the DRUSHTIBHRAM or Illusion phenomenon in wake of ur example and NOt trying to establish any shape to any air. I am sorry I failed in explaining it to you.i shall try and improve.
My example has to be " read in between the lines" and not per se. I hope u understand what this means.Take care.
When ur Third eye ( perception) is highly developed u may see even with blind eyes.
Keep smiling ! Life is Beautiful -even to a blind person who can't see only the visible things.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.