No Tags Found!

rakesh-muddam
Hi Good Morning, My Self Rakesh Reddy, I am working in MNC, I want to know is there any food policy in manufacturing units, in our organization we are planning to establish canteen facility for employees, for that is there any price limit for food for working employees, if yes please let me know the price list. or it is depending on management decisions.
From India
saswatabanerjee

The factories act only states that the employer must provide canteen facility. It does not say that the food must be free or subsidised. Therefore the management is free to come up with its own policy on pricing and type of food. The only restriction is that the canteen can not make money (no profit, though loss is allowed). This is the company not making profit, there is no restriction on a canteen contractor making money.

However, cost of canteen often has impact on Industrial Relations and on your ability to attract workers. Therefore, I suggest you check what other factories nearby are doing and make your decision thereafter.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.