No Tags Found!

sthadhani

Hi I would like to know how i can do a compentancy analysis for my organization to identify GAPS that i can fill through training. Thanks & regards, Sameer
From India, Mumbai
prageetha

Dear Sameer,

before you go about doing ur work u must know the difference between two terms, viz.,

COMPETENCE - a person-related concept that refers to the dimensions of behavior lying behind a performer. Ex., leadership

COMPETENCY - a work-related concept that refers to the areas of work at which person is competent. Ex., Skill or ability (Communication)

Types of Competencies: (Skills)

1. Generic/Specific - basic skills needed to do the job

2. Threshold/Performance - skills that differentiate between high and low performance

3. Differentiating - behavioral characteristics that high performers display.

To develop Competency mapping in your organization,

1. COMPETENCY FRAMEWORKS - Define the competency requirement that covers all jobs. Competency frameworks are of 4 types, namely,

a. CORE COMPETENCY - organization wide

b. BUSINESS COMPETENCY - strategic business unit purpose

c. TEAM COMPETENCY - projects

d. ROLE COMPETENCY - individual role

2. COMPETENCY MAPS - describe the different aspects of competent behaviors against competency dimensions like resource management, strategic capability etc. One can use 360 degreees appraisal, psychometric tools, biz games, case studies etc.

3. COMPETENCY PROFILES - a set of competencies needed to perform a specified role. The following to be done to develop competency profiles.

1. Identify

2. Consolidate the check list

3. Rank Order and finalize

4. validate and benchmark.

IDENTIFYING ROLE COMPETENCIES:

------------------------------------------

1. STRUCTURE AND PREPARE LIST OF ROLES - Study the organization, identify overlapping roles, evolve the final list

2. DEFINITION OF ROLE - Identify KPA and link kpa with organizational goals, state te content, position the role in perspective with that of others.

3. EXAMINE JOB DESCRIPTIONS

4. IDENTIFY COMPETENCY/CE REQUIREMENT

if u still have any questions, u can feel free to ask me.

regards,,

dr. prageetha

From India, Warangal
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.