No Tags Found!

lavanyaS
Hi everyone! Please clarify, I have appointed part-time trainers in the school for violin, Guitar, skating etc. They will handle classes weekly i.e. Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

In the appointment order, I have mentioned the word salary- is it OK or do I have to mention the consultation fee?

Request your suggestion for the same.
Regards,
S.Lavanya

From India, Puducherry
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

As they are not full time employees you can term them as Consultants and mention Retainer fee in the place of salary. Also hire them for specific time frame and if need be you can renew with new contract after the expiry of the current contract.

From India, Madras
Madhu.T.K

What is the issue in saying salary? If they are working for your school and getting paid for their service, there is nothing wrong in paying salary. Since they are coming regularly on scheduled dates and teaching your children certain subjects, they should be teachers and not consultants or retainers. It is okay if they don't have prescribed timings but will be called for guidance as and when required but in this case they come on a scheduled days and time. They are employee only and by whatever names their remuneration is called, the same will not give them a status other than "employee". In addition to salary, they should also be given the social security like PF, ESI, Bonus and Gratuity.
From India, Kannur
Anonymous
Dear Miss. Lakshmi

I am completely agree with Mr. Madhu, because you are paying them for services not as a consultancy fee.
And every employee giving his service only, either he is working 6 days in a week or 2 days in a week.
so whatever amount you are paying them is like a salary.

From India, Ghaziabad
Raj Teetwal
Dear all Last Msg wrote for Mr. S.Lavanya
From India, Ghaziabad
KK!HR

Any designation used has to have some correlation with the nature of the duties assigned. A consultant is someone who is being consulted. When the nature of the assignment is teaching, it has nothing to do with the consulting process. Whether it is full-time or part-time doesn't matter the designation of Consultant would be a misnomer. Remuneration, by whatever name it is shown doesn't matter, the due statutory benefits have to be complied.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.