No Tags Found!

lavanyaS
Dear All, Please clarify. The employee notice period is on 7.5.22. he is resigned on 30.5.22
Can i treat the relieving and resigned date the same, Since the date is the same.
What is the difference between relieving and resigned?

From India, Puducherry
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Your question is not clear.

Resignation date is the date of resignation submitted by the employee. Relieving date will be post resignation date after due completion of notice period. At times if the employee is relieved on the resignation date itself then resignation and relieving date will be same. But resignation date cannot be beyond relieving date.

From India, Madras
Madhu.T.K

"The employee notice period is on 7.5.22. he is resigned on 30.5.22" What do you mean by notice period? Is it not a period, say, one month, two months or three months, that an employee should serve the company or remain with the company, after putting his papers, ie after resigning? In my knowledge it is a period and not a date, like 7-5-22.

You have said that he resigned on 30-5-22. What is this?

Coming to the next portion of the question, resignation date and relieving date may or may not be the same. resignation date is the date of resigning, say if I am giving you an intimation that I would like to leave the organisation and I would be available for handing over etc for one month (that is notice period) then the date on which the resignation is submitted, ie, today, is the date of resignation. Now you say that you will be relieved on 14th October 2023, ie, one month of notice of resignation, then that date will be the date of relieving. It can change to 15th or 16th or it can be 13th also depending upon the circumstances and the actual day on which he was relieved of his duties and responsibilities i s the date of relieving.

Suppose that you decide that I need not serve the notice period but can be relieved the same day, ie, today, then the date of resignation and the date of relieving will be the same.

In a relieving letter or experience letter both the days will be mentioned, like......you have been relieved on ....date...following your resignation dated....../ he was relieved from his duties on.....following his resignation dated.....

If the date of resignation and the date of relieving are one and the same or the relieving date is very close to date of resignation, it will be an indication that the employee did not serve notice period or it was a forced resignation finding that the employee was not performing.

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.